What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

mulder

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by mulder »

You guys all realise that Orchid fucking suck, right?
there is no happy here

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

heartsXdivide wrote:listened to the banner a lot in 8th grade, saw that one of their influences was you & i, bought the repress of the first 7" and loved it. started listening to orchid after that and the rest is history
Haha, The Banner!
mulder wrote:You guys all realise that Orchid fucking suck, right?
All the nerds hate on the last LP so it's okay to like that one.

TomAnderson

Post by TomAnderson »

Pete > You wrote:
heartsXdivide wrote:listened to the banner a lot in 8th grade, saw that one of their influences was you & i, bought the repress of the first 7" and loved it. started listening to orchid after that and the rest is history
Haha, The Banner!
The first song on the JD split is rad, but they just get old to me so fast. I did enjoy the LP a bit, but that didn't even last long.

Arkaic

Post by Arkaic »

Pete > You wrote:
Haha, The Banner!

I was ALL ABOUT that last LP, where they were at their most eem0

Arkaic

Post by Arkaic »

forzamadrid wrote:Apparently, the internet seems to be an important component of skram life. I could say the same for myself. Since my high school life consisted of me searching the nets for new music, I wouldn't have been emo without the internet.

Just curious, who here discovered actual screamo without the help of the internets?
All internet for me. To be more specific, '03-'07 consisted of almost entirely one or two chat rooms in Soulseek, where people bounced off different music files to each other and that's how it started for me.

fireasametaphor24

Post by fireasametaphor24 »

First listened to I Hate Myself. Then my good friend turned me on to Jerome's Dream, Saetia, and Pg. 99

paengkee

Post by paengkee »

i was a scene kid that listened to indian summer

also, http://mesaverde.co.uk/mp3

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

No clue what prompted me to check out screamo. Must've stumbled onto Hot Cross or some random crap. Got into that shit for a while. Then, for the most part, didn't listen to that shit in a while. A couple of summers ago I fell in love with "Tigersuit" and "Fading Away Like the Rest of Them" and that reignited the flames and was the start of where I'm at with screamo now. A lot of those bands I checked out back in 06-07 (I was late to the party, I know), I didn't fully understand. It sounded like chaos at the time. I absolutely love some of those same bands today.
be excellent to one another

alexander

Post by alexander »

when I was a kid I didn't know the difference between emo/screamo/emo violence/blah. I just listened to emo. be it Antioch Arrow, Mineral, Embrace, Indian Summer or Rites of Spring. fairly sure my first "screamo" bands were Jenny Piccolo and Swing Kids, because their discographies were on 31G, where I got Antioch Arrow's last CD.

DylanSkyler

Post by DylanSkyler »

my father was a huge fan of hardcore punk in the 80's went to shows all the time, eventually saw minor threat, then rites of spring and so on and he loved JFFB and PG.99 he raised me on that music :) while other families were blasting iron maiden and motley crue for there kids in the90's my dad was blaring moss icon and i hate my self xD