What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

forzamadrid

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by forzamadrid »

Apparently, the internet seems to be an important component of skram life. I could say the same for myself. Since my high school life consisted of me searching the nets for new music, I wouldn't have been emo without the internet.

Just curious, who here discovered actual screamo without the help of the internets?
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

forzamadrid wrote:Apparently, the internet seems to be an important component of skram life. I could say the same for myself. Since my high school life consisted of me searching the nets for new music, I wouldn't have been emo without the internet.

Just curious, who here discovered actual screamo without the help of the internets?
Me. True story.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

loveinathens wrote:
forzamadrid wrote:Apparently, the internet seems to be an important component of skram life. I could say the same for myself. Since my high school life consisted of me searching the nets for new music, I wouldn't have been emo without the internet.

Me. True story.

care to tell how? it seems that it's easy to discover good shit even without the interwebz in places like Davao, Cavite, Cebu and Laguna. :[you get what i mean.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

forzamadrid wrote:
loveinathens wrote:

Me. True story.

care to tell how? it seems that it's easy to discover good shit even without the interwebz in places like Davao, Cavite, Cebu and Laguna. :[you get what i mean.
I read zines and went to shows. A lot of more mainstream publications like AP and Revolver helped immensely. They also had stores here which sold bootlegs of a lot of the more popular bands at the time and there was always the record store discount bin for obscure hardcore bands on wider circulation. That was before I even had any knowledge of torrents or blogspots or slsk or whatevs.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

loveinathens wrote:
forzamadrid wrote:
loveinathens wrote:Apparently, the internet seems to be an important component of skram life. I could say the same for myself. Since my high school life consisted of me searching the nets for new music, I wouldn't have been emo without the internet.

Me. True story.

I read zines and went to shows. A lot of more mainstream publications like AP and Revolver helped immensely. They also had stores here which sold bootlegs of a lot of the more popular bands at the time and there was always the record store discount bin for obscure hardcore bands on wider circulation. That was before I even had any knowledge of torrents or blogspots or slsk or whatevs.

shit. ang bata ko pa talaga. :o :(

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

forzamadrid wrote: shit. ang bata ko pa talaga. :o :(
I learned about hardcore/punk way before I had the internets though. And as what Francis said, there were bootleg stuff sold along the sidewalks in Davao City. The internets however helped me expand what I already knew and I found skramz.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Me. I'm old enough to where the whole "discover a band on the internet" thing couldn't really happen. I went to my first show-show in 1997 and it just evolved from seeing bands live and buying records and word of mouth.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

mulder

Post by mulder »

IRON MAIDEN.
there is no happy here

heartsXdivide

Post by heartsXdivide »

listened to the banner a lot in 8th grade, saw that one of their influences was you & i, bought the repress of the first 7" and loved it. started listening to orchid after that and the rest is history