What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

tonyxvx

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by tonyxvx »

File-13 wrote:But he's pretty close to what I ment....

File-13

Post by File-13 »

tonyxvx wrote:

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

File-13 wrote:
tonyxvx wrote:
So you agree with me that what "he" said is completely wrong, yet he's "pretty close" at the same time and you have no other means of explaining how Hardcore and Hardcore Punk are different genres other than his misinformed explanation despite you two being in the same band you haven't provided a link for?
I call bullshit.

File-13

Post by File-13 »

So you agree with me that what "he" said is completely wrong, yet he's "pretty close" at the same time and you have no other means of explaining how Hardcore and Hardcore Punk are different genres other than his misinformed explanation despite you two being in the same band you haven't provided a link for?
I call bullshit.

yea i agree with you, that he was "somewhat wrong". (hardcore punk = black flag, some misfits, old AFI, etc.ALL TRUE IN MY BOOK hardcore (genre) = gallows, bring me the horizon (i really dont know what type of music these guys are), some a day to remember)

i am also basing it off of what people CURRENTLY call hardcore today (kids call it hardcore, i call it metal).....which is music different than what people considered hardcore in the 90s (Punk rock)....

and why would i provide a link, just so you can secretly love it, but flame the fuck out of us on a forum? i dont think so....ill let people that like all type of music enjoy us :roll:

honestly i really have nothing else to say. besides stop complaining about what is punk and what isnt....your turning this into the youtube comment section of every music video

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

File-13 wrote: yea i agree with you, that he was "somewhat wrong". (hardcore punk = black flag, some misfits, old AFI, etc.ALL TRUE IN MY BOOK hardcore (genre) = gallows, bring me the horizon (i really dont know what type of music these guys are), some a day to remember)

i am also basing it off of what people CURRENTLY call hardcore today (kids call it hardcore, i call it metal).....which is music different than what people considered hardcore in the 90s (Punk rock)....

and why would i provide a link, just so you can secretly love it, but flame the fuck out of us on a forum? i dont think so....ill let people that like all type of music enjoy us :roll:

honestly i really have nothing else to say. besides stop complaining about what is punk and what isnt....your turning this into the youtube comment section of every music video
None of that made any sense. The only part I understood was you making false assumptions about my musical preference to defend your band you can't prove exists.

File-13

Post by File-13 »

tonyxvx wrote:
File-13 wrote: yea i agree with you, that he was "somewhat wrong". (hardcore punk = black flag, some misfits, old AFI, etc.ALL TRUE IN MY BOOK hardcore (genre) = gallows, bring me the horizon (i really dont know what type of music these guys are), some a day to remember)

None of that made any sense. The only part I understood was you making false assumptions about my musical preference to defend your band you can't prove exists.
its ok. i can tell that i wont be able to get through to you.... dont you worry your little head about it.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

File-13 wrote:its ok. i can tell that i wont be able to get through to you.... dont you worry your little head about it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're an idiot.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
File-13 wrote:
tonyxvx wrote:I had no idea people in bands could be so ignorant on music. What instrument/genre do you play?
ignorant? about what, i just stated that i listen to other genres besides screamo i believe thats the opposite of ignorant....i play bass, and we play a clusterfuck of pop-punk,post hardcore,emo,and happy hardcore? if that makes any sense? its a mix bag of fun music
http://www.last.fm/tag/happy%2520hardco ... 20hardcore ?
I think he might be in Dropping a Popped Locket so it still sort of makes sense.

File-13

Post by File-13 »

[img]
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
File-13 wrote:
tonyxvx wrote:I had no idea people in bands could be so ignorant on music. What instrument/genre do you play?
ignorant? about what, i just stated that i listen to other genres besides screamo i believe thats the opposite of ignorant....i play bass, and we play a clusterfuck of pop-punk,post hardcore,emo,and happy hardcore? if that makes any sense? its a mix bag of fun music
?
word homeslice...!

I think he might be in Dropping a Popped Locket so it still sort of makes sense.[/quote]