Worst Show/s

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

pygmyprieta

Re: Worst Show/s

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

several years ago a friend once convinced me to go with him (even bought me a ticket) to a show that was like the chariot, chelsea grin, eyes set to kill, i wrestled a bear once, and some other bands. it was at greene street, the first 2 bands or so were pretty forgettable, chelsea grin were an absolute snooze fest, eyes set to kill were TERRIBLE, completely godawful, and iwabo were nowhere near as awful live as everyone makes them out to be, but that may have been because they were shooting a music video that night.... The chariot, on the other hand, fucking killed it and put on one of the most intense performances i've seen. that being said it was still the worst show i've ever been to. Nothing can redeem how bad eyes set to kill were tho.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

riderofbrohan wrote:several years ago a friend once convinced me to go with him (even bought me a ticket) to a show that was like the chariot, chelsea grin, eyes set to kill, i wrestled a bear once, and some other bands. it was at greene street, the first 2 bands or so were pretty forgettable, chelsea grin were an absolute snooze fest, eyes set to kill were TERRIBLE, completely godawful, and iwabo were nowhere near as awful live as everyone makes them out to be, but that may have been because they were shooting a music video that night.... The chariot, on the other hand, fucking killed it and put on one of the most intense performances i've seen. that being said it was still the worst show i've ever been to. Nothing can redeem how bad eyes set to kill were tho.
The Chariot always kills it man. I went to see Comeback Kid a few years ago, didn't even know who The Chariot was, ended up digging their set way more. Also, David De La Hoz has the best music video of all time.

zachrippple

Post by zachrippple »

pygmyprieta wrote:
zachrippple wrote:I went to see Whirr (shoegaze with ladispute kid fans) only to support my buddie's band who were playing the same show. Long story short, i left annoyed and with a headache after watching Whirr and the shitty band before them play nothing but noise and feedback for an hour and a half while hearing little to no vocals. Granted whirr sounds decent in recordings but npy a fan of their live act.

semi-related
http://i.imgur.com/UrJMN91.jpg

I hate that fantano guy haha

iTooHaveAHeart

Post by iTooHaveAHeart »

JoshuatheNomad wrote:^Oh, yeah, I remember a guy posting on musicbanter about that!
ah yes, that was me when I was waaaaaaaaaay less together :P it looks like it will actually happen this time around because I'm collaborating with someone who has a much more complete showlist
danfitforbattle wrote:i once mistook calculator for texas instruments and was disappointed when i couldn't recognize any of the songs they played.
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:My mom still opccasionally wears my knock-off Saetia tee when she's gardening.

ifeelnauseous

Post by ifeelnauseous »

wounderaser wrote:
Cromlech wrote:I went to a Maps and Atlases show once...they were good but....some music just isn't fun live.

And the bands that played before them were so fucking bad.
i know what you mean, i will never go see another post rock band play for 45 minutes again.

all in all, i've had some pretty bad shows. the worst one was this drunk guy trying to fight the drummer in my old band (narrators). i immediately stopped playing, and the dude got kicked out of the show after kicking up a fuss. actually.. that wasn't a bad show at all, just a fun one. umm, i have no idea. newfoundland sucks a lot and really shitty bands play shows together, do the math!
Never do an Explosions In The Sky show. It was terrible.
everything fucking sucks.