band dramas

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

Re: band dramas

Post by thebigmin »

i'm best friends with DGD and jonny craig....this new record is gonna epic

expect some THEBIGMIN guest vocals on it

chris_arf

Post by chris_arf »

Eric wrote:dgd rules
yup!

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

thebigmin wrote:i'm best friends with DGD and jonny craig....this new record is gonna epic

rock solid. :D

HULKSwagon

Post by HULKSwagon »

Some guy has beef with a band I am in. He started off by saying that our vocals were depressing, we needed to write better lyrics, I am sloppy at guitar and that our recordings were bad. We just thought okay this dude just has a high standard for music and we know that we're not the best musicians so we were fine with that until he posted his music project and said we needed to learn from him. http://www.myspace.com/youlookedbetterdead
The only listenable song on there he didn't write. He only did high screams and maybe the drums on the keyboard haha. Listen to the I'll stop stabbing you song for a good time. Try to listen to the whole thing, it's amazing.

My friend who is the singer is a bit of a butthole sometimes and made fun of his project which turned into a 50 comment fight on facebook where it ended up with some black guy threatening to get violent. Hahah everything from that experience was a good laugh.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

thebigmin wrote:i'm best friends with DGD and jonny craig....this new record is gonna epic

more reason to listen to DGD.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

In the Philippines dramas usually arise between bands when they fight over some stupid whore/bimbo scene girl. I honestly don't have a female friend who's in the hardcore scene in my city back in the Philippines. . . as most of them were just really in it for some popularity contest among the guys. Some guys are man-whores too. I hope they get herpes and AIDS.

And oh yeah a couple of those bands had some beef with my band because of course we didn't wanna put up with any of their established tribal scene norms. At one point we even got dissed just because of our fluency in the English language, I mean seriously, what the hell was that for? Can we not play hardcore music and be well-versed at the same time? (context: if you're fluent in English in the PI, you're considered highly educated/smart). It's not like we chose to be born in the middle class enabling us to get better education anyway. You get my point. I couldn't believe how ridiculously juvenile it was and they called that scene hardcore punk. Not worth wasting my energy. I'm tired of these people. I wish it could be better in other scenes but heck I wouldn't expect much. I am at the point where I couldn't care less anymore. I'm going hermit. Or hipster. Whichever comes first. :lol:
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

Bottom line, we indirectly get people hurt or killed for being a screamo band. Especially back when we were more NO FUN CLUB.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

The Philippines sounds almost exactly like Brazil.

On another note, this Filipino girl I know is getting married to a Taiwanese guy and her family over there is all like "Ooh, ahh" because apparently Taiwanese are seen as "a step above" most other Asians. Is this the case?

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

Pete > You wrote:The Philippines sounds almost exactly like Brazil.

On another note, this Filipino girl I know is getting married to a Taiwanese guy and her family over there is all like "Ooh, ahh" because apparently Taiwanese are seen as "a step above" most other Asians. Is this the case?
I suppose so, the Philippine condition appears to be very xenocentric.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Pete > You wrote:The Philippines sounds almost exactly like Brazil.

Imagine me being Filipino and Japanese at the same time. People treat me like a foreigner (and when they do it's a kind of a special treatment mostly in a positive way) but it's just so weird because I speak the language and I even grew up there. I mean they're nice but it's an implication that I am not accepted as a real Filipino because of my bloodline. Well okay, I do have dual citizenship and two years from now, the Japanese government would ask me to choose between being a Filipino and Japanese. Sadly I would be forced to choose Japanese for convenience. But yeah, it's crazy, good thing I didn't really have any serious identity crisis though. I know some kids like me did.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey