band dramas

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

loveinathens

Re: band dramas

Post by loveinathens »

I started a band because I wanted to experience the feeling of having my heart broken over and over again just to always be en route to recovery. Not for anything else. I still play for the same reason.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

marcypark wrote:Here in Denver there is a shit ton of fights and bullshit surrounding the hardcore scene mostly due to a major riff between a handful of kids who listen to slightly varying types of hardcore booking shows in the same venue. It got really intense last November when weekend nachos came through. Many threats were made. Few were actually carried out. Bottom line it's stupid.
This pretty much universal, yeah.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

iKichigai wrote:
marcypark wrote:Here in Denver there is a shit ton of fights and bullshit surrounding the hardcore scene mostly due to a major riff between a handful of kids who listen to slightly varying types of hardcore booking shows in the same venue. It got really intense last November when weekend nachos came through. Many threats were made. Few were actually carried out. Bottom line it's stupid.
This pretty much universal, yeah.
Never seen or heard of this where I'm from.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Haha. Maybe not quite universal but it's not something new.
I've always had the misfortune to bump into these kinda dramas in most scenes. Even some in Japan.
I hate my life.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

freddypopstar

Post by freddypopstar »

HULKSwagon wrote:Some guy has beef with a band I am in. He started off by saying that our vocals were depressing, we needed to write better lyrics, I am sloppy at guitar and that our recordings were bad. We just thought okay this dude just has a high standard for music and we know that we're not the best musicians so we were fine with that until he posted his music project and said we needed to learn from him. http://www.myspace.com/youlookedbetterdead
The only listenable song on there he didn't write. He only did high screams and maybe the drums on the keyboard haha. Listen to the I'll stop stabbing you song for a good time. Try to listen to the whole thing, it's amazing.

My friend who is the singer is a bit of a butthole sometimes and made fun of his project which turned into a 50 comment fight on facebook where it ended up with some black guy threatening to get violent. Hahah everything from that experience was a good laugh.

SD music ftw

matt

Post by matt »

buckytoole wrote:mostly wanted to know if anyone else cared about jonny craig coming back to dgd and kicking out kurt travis?
wow, i was unaware of this completely.

DGD were getting and i cant recall exactly but may have already gotten really bad. after the first 2 albums it went way downhill. pretty sure thats when the new dude came in. he was alright but the original vocalist was much much much better. hopefully they cut out the shitty humor/pop music. its like they are turning into a disco band.

i went to see them about a year ago here in atl but i was way too freaked out by all the scenester kids. it was one of the scariest things ever. i left.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

matt wrote:
buckytoole wrote:mostly wanted to know if anyone else cared about jonny craig coming back to dgd and kicking out kurt travis?
wow, i was unaware of this completely.

DGD were getting and i cant recall exactly but may have already gotten really bad. after the first 2 albums it went way downhill. pretty sure thats when the new dude came in. he was alright but the original vocalist was much much much better. hopefully they cut out the shitty humor/pop music. its like they are turning into a disco band.

i went to see them about a year ago here in atl but i was way too freaked out by all the scenester kids. it was one of the scariest things ever. i left.
I'm good friends with their original screamer jon and jonny craig(who i'm going on tour with next week).... They are going back more to the original sound and cutting the humor,, I am getting some guest screams on it also

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

cannot wait for the new dgd 12"

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

definitely know what everyone means by the old dgd being "better".
BUT
i still really dig happiness despite no jon :( ... it went somewhere different; enough to turn people off because it wasn't exactly the same genre? but cool in it's own right. fun and progressive, i replay that shit a ton.
loved the deathstar album (maybe even more than dtbm?), mostly due to jon's lyrics ... brilliance, yo! lol feel like im totally that dude's fangirl but whatever :P

anyway, just a big fan of the band... i like the music they make, simple. but definitely looking forward to some more screams all around :D

matt

Post by matt »

happiness is a good song but the end of that album just makes me gag