Saetia V-Neck-Dude Interview

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

yhakawbskee

Re: Saetia V-Neck-Dude Interview

Post by yhakawbskee »

Cpt9Ball wrote: I also really like how he tries to separate himself from Saetia V-Neck Dude, but takes all the criticisms and negative responses to Saetia guy as a personal attack.

This is fun. I hope he responds again.
To be fair, people around here definitely started talking about the person behind the Saetia V-Neck Dude, specifically, in a negative way.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Off Cloud Nine Label wrote:http://disgustingmusic.tumblr.com/

p.s. fuck you Off Cloud Nine Label, you used to release cool music before you turned into the skramz version of Al Qaeda."
I'm assuming that he's never actually supported your label, but downloaded stuff you never wanted uploaded and have asked people to not upload. It's always a bummer how these things work out.

This is such a bummer. I honestly don't think that this guy gets how most of us are working to remove even casual sexism from our very own vernacular, let alone the scenes that we participate in. ALSO how incredibly friendly and welcoming most of us are on and off the internet. But I don't think this meme he's created describes people that actively participate in music scenes or DIY, but more people who subscribe to youtube screamo channels.

wscbhg

Post by wscbhg »

Hey, I am that guy who runs that blog and who makes those comics and who replied to that interview.
At first I found all of this kinda funny. After a while, though, it became really frustrating that all of you are confusing me with that fucking "saetia v-neck dude". Why? What makes you say I have to agree with something a "fictional character" says, just because I created it? So if someone writes a book in which the main character is a naziskin would you all assume the writer is a nazi?
That "saetia v-neck dude" is clearly a parody. Not even a parody of "screamo elitists" (whatever that means), like many people say, and definitely not a parody of the people who post here (or so I hope.. since I used to read this board for a while and I found it interesting and useful). It's more like a parody of the average pseudo-screamofan who spends all of his day on the internet, posting bands on tumblr or commenting "screamo!!111" on youtube videos. I often found myself annoyed by people like these, so why not making a parody? And wouldn't a person like this say stupid shit like that? They would.

Obviously, I don't have anything against Cloud Rat. And actually, even if I did, I wouldn't have said something remotely similar to ""..because they are a female fronted band"", 'cause that kind of bullshit horrifies me. If this offended you somehow, well, it shouldn't have.

But deep down I am a bit sorry about this. Peace.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

hey dude, don't let saetia v neck dude get you down

Off Cloud Nine Label

Post by Off Cloud Nine Label »

neck_cannon wrote:

p.s. fuck you Off Cloud Nine Label, you used to release cool music before you turned into the skramz version of Al Qaeda."
I'm assuming that he's never actually supported your label, but downloaded stuff you never wanted uploaded and have asked people to not upload. It's always a bummer how these things work out.

This is such a bummer. I honestly don't think that this guy gets how most of us are working to remove even casual sexism from our very own vernacular, let alone the scenes that we participate in. ALSO how incredibly friendly and welcoming most of us are on and off the internet. But I don't think this meme he's created describes people that actively participate in music scenes or DIY, but more people who subscribe to youtube screamo channels.
I don't want support from an insane person anyways. This person just needs to get off the internet and join a music scene, THEN they'll know it's not cool to poke fun as themselves or a fictional character. Apparently there's split here. People who mess around with music on the internet all day and people who are actually trying to do something positive with music in the real world.

I've picked my side.
http://amygdalatx.bandcamp.com/track/pu ... isogynists

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

wtf is going on now.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

Form und Leere

Post by Form und Leere »

I don't want support from an insane person anyways. This person just needs to get off the internet and join a music scene, THEN they'll know it's not cool to poke fun as themselves or a fictional character. Apparently there's split here. People who mess around with music on the internet all day and people who are actually trying to do something positive with music in the real world.

I've picked my side.
http://amygdalatx.bandcamp.com/track/pu ... isogynists
If you would only know... :(
Form und Leere - Screamo Blog

Blogspot

Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr

Off Cloud Nine Label

Post by Off Cloud Nine Label »

klefmop wrote:wtf is going on now.
We pushed the fictional character "saetia-v-neck-dude" and the interviewer over the edge because they couldn't grasp what was truly wrong with some of the things stated. They only hate me for it apparently. My record label is the Al Qaeda of screamo now lol

I'm done posting in this thread. There's no winning with internet kids. They flexed, I and others busted back with constructive criticism and they couldn't handle it. The internet is where music goes to die ;)

Cpt9Ball

Post by Cpt9Ball »

x
Last edited by Cpt9Ball on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.