emotape compilations

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

deek

emotape compilations

Post by deek »

Does anybody still have these lying around on their hdd? I remember downloading them like 10 years ago from ma++ or something from soulseek. I lost them all years ago. Would love to get ahold of them again.

Vighneshvara

Re: emotape compilations

Post by Vighneshvara »

Here's the ones that I have. I made a post on my blog for them. They are definitely incomplete, but I think it has most of the emotapes that were in circulation on soulseek.

http://thisendlessbreath.blogspot.com/2 ... tions.html

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

ah! so you're the culprit who runs that blog.

i made a thread earlier about how sick your blog is; with all the obscure music on there.
bravo!

i wish emotapes to contribute
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

Vighneshvara wrote:Here's the ones that I have. I made a post on my blog for them. They are definitely incomplete, but I think it has most of the emotapes that were in circulation on soulseek.

you run that blog? one question why did you apologize for the image that had swastikas mspainted on it. That shit is a symbol for peace and has been for about 12,000 years. PCness gone mad.
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

Vighneshvara

Post by Vighneshvara »

klefmop wrote:ah! so you're the culprit who runs that blog.

i made a thread earlier about how sick your blog is; with all the obscure music on there.
bravo!

i wish emotapes to contribute
Haha, yea that's me. Thanks for the kind words!
CharlieBronson wrote: you run that blog? one question why did you apologize for the image that had swastikas mspainted on it. That shit is a symbol for peace and has been for about 12,000 years. PCness gone mad.
I totally missed catching the racial slur that was mspainted at the bottom of that photo. I'm just taking the photo off there. It all depends on context, and while obviously a joke, I don't think those swastikas were being used in the way that you are describing.

Faceplantfloor

Post by Faceplantfloor »

Vighneshvara wrote:Here's the ones that I have. I made a post on my blog for them. They are definitely incomplete, but I think it has most of the emotapes that were in circulation on soulseek.

You're a wonderful person!

XdrowningcoreX

Post by XdrowningcoreX »

I have up to 10 but I'm also missing 1. It may have never existed but I am pretty sure it did because someone would have just been starting with 2. Looking back that would be a funny joke to play on us all for this specific moment but I doubt it was that cool of a plan.

When I made 0.5 and 0.6 I downloaded the ones I could find to not repeat a band. There were 5 or something I think. I remember finding someone a bit later with the other 4 or 5. It looks like there were at least 2 more after that so there could be more.

If you're just looking to download some emo bands you've never heard or forgot about, I can get on soulseek. No one ever takes me up on this offer for some reason but there are probably very few skramz (at least 1 mp3 of a band) I don't have up to around 2004.

Faceplantfloor

Post by Faceplantfloor »

I would love to take you up on that offer. Well at the present I have been really digging Christopher Robin and Harriet the Spy. Do you have their stuff?

XdrowningcoreX

Post by XdrowningcoreX »

Sure, whats your soulseek name so I can add you to my list?