CAYO SAETIA

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

CAYO SAETIA

Post by thebigmin »

CAYO SAETIA

MOST SKRAMZ BEACH IN THE WORLD...IN CUBA...W0W

Cayo Saetía (also spelled Sae-Tía) is a 42 km2 (16 sq mi) cay in Holguín Province, Cuba. It belongs to the municipality of Mayarí.

It is located 120 km (75 mi) southeast of Holguín between the Bay of Nipe & the Atlantic Ocean. The landmass is connected to the mainland by an animal control bridge. Once a private government game reserve, it now houses a resort managed by the Grupo de Turismo Gaviota, S.A. and a Cuban Youth camp. The closest major town is Mayarí, located 20 km (12 mi) south-east. The environment is mixed open plains and forest with swamp in the northwest sector. It has been stocked with zebra, water buffalo, boar and various antelope and deer species which roam freely on the cay. Horses and cattle also share some of the grazing area. A camel, several ostriches and parrots live near the resort compound.
The resort is a Three Star rated premises with a restaurant. Self-exploration is prohibited but Jeep tours of the reserve are available. Resorts in the Guardalavaca tourist area offer helicopter and boat tours to the cayo for safaris and its white sand beaches. The island used to be the private holiday home of Fidel Castro and family, until 1994 when they stopped coming. The grass plain is still visible on the island from where the family would arrive and depart by helicopter.

morphinglight

Re: CAYO SAETIA

Post by morphinglight »

Someday, a screamo festival needs to happen on that beach, with Saetia as headliner...

Don't know why I just said that. That will never happen and I would never be able to get all the way over there if it did.
Gonna put on my Eronel 7" and cry some more.

CharlieBronson

Re: CAYO SAETIA

Post by CharlieBronson »

Let's just meet up like once a year on the island and party down with yr fellow Elite Skrambros. I wanna smoke a blunt with bigmin and then go scam on some mints. SRS
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music