CRIMSON PEAK

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

relaxiwontpost

CRIMSON PEAK

Post by relaxiwontpost »

anyone seen it yet? going to see it this week probably. del toro is my homeboy.

thebigmin

Re: CRIMSON PEAK

Post by thebigmin »

heard it was bad

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

hmmm stephen king liked it and I dig jessica chastain and mia wasikowska... and I mean it's del toro, he's brilliant. pretty excited about going to see it. although I'm very into horror films, so I am rather picky about them.

XdrowningcoreX

Post by XdrowningcoreX »

It looks like a spooky movie for kids. The trailer tells the whole story and it isnt a scary one. IMO

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

XdrowningcoreX wrote:It looks like a spooky movie for kids. The trailer tells the whole story and it isnt a scary one. IMO
I love del toro but yep. I tried so hard to get hype while watching the trailer but it just doesn't look hype at all.

Silent Hills should never have been cancelled.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

went and watched it. it's good! not great. nowhere near pan's labyrinth. its biggest flaw is definitely spoonfeeding the plot. sadly, for a student of lovecraft, del toro doesn't master the fear of the unknown in this one. but the aesthetics are top notch, and the acting is great. chastain in particular is sufficiently crazy.

so my verdict is: go see it if you like horror flicks. it's a fun night out. but don't expect pan's labyrinth level genius.

I wish my bro del toro would go make at the mountains of madness already...

(yep, huge lovecraft nerd here)