"Where the Fuck Do You Find Upcoming Shows and Tours?"

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

XdrowningcoreX

"Where the Fuck Do You Find Upcoming Shows and Tours?"

Post by XdrowningcoreX »

I used to use lastfm and that was good for finding shows kind of but apparently they don't do that anymore.

I didn't realize how out of it I was without that listing. I'm looking for Atlanta/Athens shows but where do you find ones in your area too (besides venue sites)? It may spark an idea.

Any kind of music.

or... do no good bands tour anymore?

neck_cannon

Re: "Where the Fuck Do You Find Upcoming Shows and Tours?"

Post by neck_cannon »

I've always wondered this too. There seem to be some people that are really good at being in the know, and I've never understood how they've done it. I don't have this problem because I book 10 shows a month at the art gallery for touring bands but if I didn't do dat den I'd have no idea where to look.

*I also live in So Cal.
*It's debatable whether the bands are good.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

There's only really one main venue here in Metro-detroit. all you do here is check their facebook or whatever to find out about upcoming shows. i'd say 95% of the DIY or smaller hardcore/screamo/grind/etc bands that come through MI play at the sanctuary.

i'd just find your favorite venue's social media and check regularly for shows.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

danfitforbattle

Post by danfitforbattle »

Facebook. It fucking sucks because i'd rather not use it at all, but seems to be my only option. Following bands, adding promoters as contacts, having friends involved in the scene who talk about shows... its the only way i know about whats going on.
don't sweat my skram