Looking for recommendations

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Mrwillefordisdead

Looking for recommendations

Post by Mrwillefordisdead »

Hey guys. Wasn't sure if this kind of thing was accepted here, but I was hoping I could get some recommendations for some music to listen to.

I really like screamo, but some of the really emo violence stuff is too harsh for me, although I still respect it.

The bands I'm into and liked a lot years ago were: toru okada, rivalries, ladders, suffix, ache Emile, archer in jeopardy, merchant ships, family might, deers, matsuri, and moldar. Some of the great ones I've heard recently are gin street, congratulations, and youth novel.

The qualities these bands share explain why I like them all so much and I was hoping someone could think of some bands I'd like based on these. I stopped keeping track of the music in the scene and began listening to more mainstream music like hawthorn heights, brand new, and armor for sleep.

Thanks guys.

thebigmin

Re: Looking for recommendations

Post by thebigmin »

Mrwillefordisdead

Hey thanks a lot for the recommendations man. I'm really really enjoying yearbooks so far. Ive been listening to them for a few days and will next begin on lumen by beau. I liked that band a lot a few years back and actually have some of them on vinyl.

Thank you a lot for those recommendations. Surprised my threads still at the top of the forum.

Form und Leere

Post by Form und Leere »

https://masadapunx.bandcamp.com/

I'd definitely recommend you the debut full-length of Masada.
Form und Leere - Screamo Blog

Blogspot

Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr

omartakesthesquare

Post by omartakesthesquare »

http://heritageunit.bandcamp.com/

member of moldar in band
you are watching as the world turns

Mrwillefordisdead

Hey guys. Thank you so much for all of your recommendations. Because of you, I've discovered at least 6 bands that I really love. Another really great one I somehow found was morning effort. I encourage you all to check them out if you haven't heard them.

Thanks again guys. This community is easily the sole of the emo/screamo revival. I've got a little bit of vinyl if anyone is interested. I know this isn't the trade your stuff board but idk if I would want to trade it. I have a coma regalia 7" split, toru okada s/t, toru okada split with olive tree, adventures first release, William Bonney, state faults, barrows, a matsuri album and some others.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »