screamer skram communities? (please read and discuss)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Zarathustra

screamer skram communities? (please read and discuss)

Post by Zarathustra »

ok so CMHWAK isn't getting a lot of fresh blood.. not a lot of new content either
are there other venues where we can express our love for scream?

im thinking maybe a CMHWAK facebook group would be good, a lot of you guys are adults with job (a lot of middle management here id assume), plenty of social media browsing and depression is a common theme, having a break with some pure REAL SCREAMO would be something nice to interject within the banality of living in western civ anno domini 2016, maybe this suggestion is really lame and maybe something like this already exists, do inform me

thebigmin

Re: screamer skram communities? (please read and discuss)

Post by thebigmin »

give me CMHWAK or give me death

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

I don't use facebook, and I never will.

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

I wouldnt be adverse to a CMHWAK fb group so long as it were a "Closed" or "Secret" group.

I check CMHWAK boards everyday tho.

Also Who are you Zarathustra? Give us an intro to you.

I'm currently attempting to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra btw. ITS HARD
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

_JT

Post by _JT »

I'm definitely a newbie here, but facebook can be utter shit sometimes. Boards make it easier to find previous threads and whatnot.

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

_JT wrote:...Boards make it easier to find previous threads and whatnot.
Very true!!
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

littleleague

Post by littleleague »

FB CMHWAK closed group would be ideal if we only accept those who come through here first
"i'm not high"

drzafs

Post by drzafs »

don't really post or contribute much here. generally only find threads of interest after they've died. I feel like I would be more active in a facebook group, but I'm fine just lurking this board here and there as well.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra »

taking all posts into consideration and meditating upon this topic further ive came to the conclusion that having a closed facebook group would not be at odds with an healthy CMHWAK, maybe even the contrary, it could strengthen and embolden us.. a protein powder for this old phpBB board that we've always held so dear

i think we should try this out, we can keep it strictly elite without alienating people trying to get into skram in 2016
i might create it myself unless anyone more suitable steps up

got any cool name suggestions?
Just keeping it minimal with "CMHWAK" or something spicier? "cross my heart with a knife"? CMHWAK v3 (joke this would be sacriledge)
Also Who are you Zarathustra? Give us an intro to you.
been lurking for years but just really dug into the genre in the past one to two years, thus spake zarathustra is fucking amazing but if you haven't read much philosophy before i would strongly suggest you to get some prerequisite knowledge, not that much is needed, just so you can mentally get into the zeitgeist of 19th century western europe, read some goethe maybe

id recommend reading beyond good and evil and the gay science or both before zarathustra, just makes more sense -- beyond good and evil outlines a lot of the central concepts in zarathustra without getting too esoteric or poetic, the gay science is a very comfy read due to the aphoristic nature of it, honestly if you like this stuff keep reading aphorism collections, recently read ciorans "the trouble of being born" and it was a blast

sorry for going on this tangent but id love to make nietzsche a little more accessible to everyone, even if a lot of net philosophy people trash on him because he's /cool and quoatable/, fuck that, dude wrote some very competent shit that was prosaically sweet like honey

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

if someone wants to make that FB group my name is Dave Matthews on Facebook go ahead and add me.

https://m.facebook.com/davematthewwss
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin