Skramz Hijack

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Cpt9Ball

Re: Skramz Hijack

Post by Cpt9Ball »

My band Flowers From Katerina Ivanovna is the most DIY because you have to actually write and record it yourself. Let me know when you're done with it.

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

mp143 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:05 pm
klefmop wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:07 am
Lol someone called wmr emoviolence so that one is out too

Legitimately no one has a fucking clue what screamo is anymore i swear. Infant island, Portrayal of Guilt, for your health, all those bands, are not screamo.
My thoughts exactly, it’s like the mid-00’s again. And nothing is fucking DIY as far as releases go anymore.

Who wants to do a split with my real ass flowerviolence band cameandwentamongthewhisperings?
God that sucks bout WMR. Dudes are easily the most unnecessary band active today.

Is nothing DIY anymore because there are a lot of niche small run labels/distros who put out cassettes, cds & in some cases vinyl who work with bands to release music whether they are doing it out of love for the genre or an easy scene to break into and attempt to make a buck?

I do find when those labels produce the physical media its not as personalised as it would be had the band members screened the covers and inserts themselves, assembled packaging and booklets. I think back to Greg Drudy from Saetia starting Level Plane Records simply to have a name to put on the first Saetia 7" Skramz bands should take note of that.
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

Flowersintheattic

Post by Flowersintheattic »

It's seems Groundhog Day.
WE HAVE FROZEN EYES!

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

Flowersintheattic wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:57 am
It's seems Groundhog Day.
Welcome to 2010. And 2005. And 2000 probably, though I wasn't around for it.

1funeral2many

Post by 1funeral2many »

I felt like “emoviolence” has always been misused even within the legit screamo circles. That tag should be used to describe Grind-ish stuff like reversal of man but it instead just got turned into as an alternative to “skramz” or “screamo” and every average post rock or twinkle band called themselves that

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

1funeral2many wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 pm
I felt like “emoviolence” has always been misused even within the legit screamo circles. That tag should be used to describe Grind-ish stuff like reversal of man but it instead just got turned into as an alternative to “skramz” or “screamo” and every average post rock or twinkle band called themselves that

This 100%. Definitive emo-violence to me is LLBNF.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

1funeral2many

Post by 1funeral2many »

1funeral2many wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 pm
Dude I hate this so much, you’ll try to find some intense shit but it’s just crappy twinkle post rock stuff. What I really hate is the idea that it’s not even a real term for anything specific.

XxThisisHowitEndsxX

Post by XxThisisHowitEndsxX »

i like most of those bands
lol. I lied in that one post about drone screamo I'm actually Visceral Girl
SOUL CRUSHING HAZEL EYES

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

XxThisisHowitEndsxX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:43 pm
i like most of those bands

Thats fine they just arent screamo 🤷‍♀️
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

1funeral2many

Post by 1funeral2many »

CharlieBronson wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 am
Is nothing DIY anymore because there are a lot of niche small run labels/distros who put out cassettes, cds & in some cases vinyl who work with bands to release music whether they are doing it out of love for the genre or an easy scene to break into and attempt to make a buck?

I do find when those labels produce the physical media its not as personalised as it would be had the band members screened the covers and inserts themselves, assembled packaging and booklets. I think back to Greg Drudy from Saetia starting Level Plane Records simply to have a name to put on the first Saetia 7" Skramz bands should take note of that.
I get what your saying but using greg/level plane as an example is wrong considering the guy was weird about paying bands royalties and got in the way of you and I including the curtain call album for the discog cd they did with alone. It comes across as rose-tinted to imply that an indie that started out releasing stuff with home made packaging made on the cheap can’t be as scummy as a major or a corporate-ish label like prosthetic or closed casket or whatever. It kind of goes back to what you said about these lame niche reissue labels that make limited edition tapes and records when in the modern age of bandcamp, social media, and piracy none of that shit is necessary.