WTF HOT TOPIC

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

tonyxvx

Re: WTF HOT TOPIC

Post by tonyxvx »

Eric wrote:hot topic rules. i see nothing wrong with this
Hot Topic only rules for vinyl. Nobody buys it ever, it goes on clearance, and I sell it on eBay and triple my money. But regardless of ruining subcultures, their shit is still super low quality and overpriced.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i found crime in stereo is dead in hot topic for 5 dollars, which is pretty cool. it was right next to an icp vinyl yes thats right icp vinyl
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i found crime in stereo is dead in hot topic for 5 dollars, which is pretty cool. it was right next to an icp vinyl yes thats right icp vinyl
I recently rescued two copies of Verse "Aggression" for $5.98 each, then sold them on ebay for over $30. :lol:

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

tonyxvx wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i found crime in stereo is dead in hot topic for 5 dollars, which is pretty cool. it was right next to an icp vinyl yes thats right icp vinyl
I recently rescued two copies of Verse "Aggression" for $5.98 each, then sold them on ebay for over $30. :lol:
hahahah word. i think the hot topic in my town stopped selling vinyl, which is lame i guess, because i did see some cool bridge 9 bands in there box. its weird being open about how i went to hot topic
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

alexander

Post by alexander »

tonyxvx wrote:
exploit the scene! skram life!

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:
tonyxvx wrote:
hahahah word. i think the hot topic in my town stopped selling vinyl, which is lame i guess, because i did see some cool bridge 9 bands in there box. its weird being open about how i went to hot topic
I think it's funny going in there for clearance, because it's always where the best stuff is that nobody wanted. I found a Minor Threat shirt on the floor for a few bucks like 2 or 3 years ago.
My sister's friend works there, and I guess a lot of them stopped selling vinyl and instead have this thing where you order whatever record you want and it ships there for a buck. Might be cool if they had good records other than a Shook Ones LP.
"Hot Topic - All about... the one screen where music can be ordered"

matt

Post by matt »

welcome to 2003 when popular culture was using the word screamo already.

also, you guys seem to be hanging out in hot topic a lot to be hating on it!

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

matt wrote:welcome to 2003 when popular culture was using the word screamo already.

also, you guys seem to be hanging out in hot topic a lot to be hating on it!
Yeah, popular culture, not an entire section of an actual corporation's website. Regardless, it still sucks, and I stopped going in there to make fun of shit when I was bored because they kicked me out. :evil:
Apparently an "alternative" store doesn't approve of men having orgasms in the Twilight section while screaming, "OH EDWARDDDDD!" WTF.

xJochemx

Post by xJochemx »

tonyxvx wrote:
Holy fuck... Sweet deal! I'd love a copy of that! Awesome record... But for over $30... :s

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I'm with Matt, this isn't that shocking or new.