socal skramz revival

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

craftmessenger8

socal skramz revival

Post by craftmessenger8 »

does anyone have any thoughts on a bunch of these new bands popping up in socal? for example: vs self, knumears, widowdusk, onewaymirror, versera, claybirds are all bands that have been playing pretty big shows and have some notable releases out. a lot of really young bands but the scene seems to be pretty strong, has anyone been going to see these bands/shows?

RealistYaotl

Re: socal skramz revival

Post by RealistYaotl »

craftmessenger8 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:37 am
does anyone have any thoughts on a bunch of these new bands popping up in socal? for example: vs self, knumears, widowdusk, onewaymirror, versera, claybirds are all bands that have been playing pretty big shows and have some notable releases out. a lot of really young bands but the scene seems to be pretty strong, has anyone been going to see these bands/shows?
Interesting. When bands pop up they become inevitable.

I book shows and will be booking these bands soon.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

It's all emo semen

🤭

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

its amazing how they are aping the entire early 2000's scene literally note for note & I'm not just talking about the recycled panic riffs :lol: . Youth Size Medium shirts, White Belts, Multiplewordswithoutspacesbandname, 2 vocalists, drum kit facing the wrong way, rolling on the floor 1 minute into their set. The list goes on.

I think what makes all these bands seem so mundane is that everything is captured on video & social media in perpetuity. There doesn't need to be 3 different YouTube "media" channels capturing the same band at Programme Skate and Sound every Saturday night.

I guess it true what they say "A man who grows tired of Skram Life is tired of living"
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Tbh I don't have a real opinion. I'm sure the skreamy tweenies are having a blast and that's all that truly matters.

A positive is that a lot of the bands no longer sound like converge/Loma rip offs.

A negative is that there still isn't much variation anyways! Hopefully the bands get weirder as the kids get older.

🤟🏽