YO GEEKS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

neck_cannon

Re: YO GEEKS

Post by neck_cannon »

Yeah most current lifegain decks are very similar that i almost feel bad just making one; it's like a no talent type of thing, a big 'ol duh!

that second one seems neat. I like the touch of venom, I have two of those. I didn't know Rhys the Redeemed existed. wtf is up with these new cards. I also remember when Forgotten Ancient first came out, unfortunately Counterspell was still being used back then.

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

Counterspell is very much alive and kicking. I have a friend who plays a blue wizard counter morph deck. Legit it is the most frustrating thing I've ever played against. New cards seem to just be getting overpowered...but then I look through my older cards and realize they are all the same cards with new names and better pictures with sometimes different wording.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

oops
No i meant like the actual counterspell card. Blue/Black was my most hated color choice because of the obvious easy control it offered at around 7th edition. I think they are stronger, they're just upgraded, but eventually most of the cards will be doing the same thing as the older ones but a bit upgraded so it'll all balance out, it'll just take a few sets. The only thing that gets me mad is how expensive most of the cards are just because they are 'new' and 'overpowered'... god dude. just saturday some idiot was selling Divinity of Pride for $25 (even though it's not as current, it works with the current life gaining deck).... god damn it.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

also matt| give me the p/w s/n !!!

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

neck_cannon wrote:oops
No i meant like the actual counterspell card. Blue/Black was my most hated color choice because of the obvious easy control it offered at around 7th edition. I think they are stronger, they're just upgraded, but eventually most of the cards will be doing the same thing as the older ones but a bit upgraded so it'll all balance out, it'll just take a few sets. The only thing that gets me mad is how expensive most of the cards are just because they are 'new' and 'overpowered'... god dude. just saturday some idiot was selling Divinity of Pride for $25 (even though it's not as current, it works with the current life gaining deck).... god damn it.
haha 25? Shit I have like 3 Divinity of prides. I could be making bank. Another really good life gain card is Rune Tail Kitsune Ascendant http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/item/117129 I'm kinda psyched for the new set coming out in October 'Scars of Mirrodin' sounds promising.

matt

Post by matt »

the screen name is ___duress but i dont know the password. it was changed about 6 or so months ago when i was playing with my girlfriend. ill have to check up on what it is.

scars of mirrodin is very underwhelming so far http://mtgsalvation.com/scars-of-mirrodin-spoiler.html

also, new cards are far from overpowered. for instance, compare counterspell to cancel. compare lightning bolt to shock. dual lands to ravnica lands.

the only spells which could be considered more powerful are the ones that cost a lot ot cast. those are generally casual only cards and would not be played in an actual competitive game.

matt

Post by matt »

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

hell naw that card should be like $2 or less.

and also i meant to say that i don't think they are stronger, just upgraded (in some cases i guess). I mean that counterspell to cancel is a good example of walking backwards but savanna lions (rare) to elite vanguard (uncommon) and bears to garruks companion. Those are good changes though; and it seems like they are strictly designing for casual considering all the casual formats they have been coming out with lately.

matt

Post by matt »

no they dont design for vintage at all anymore but that is where the real "power" is. the majority of the cards in a vintage deck will not be new cards. there were tons of bad cards in the past but also very good ones. it has evened out now.

matt

Post by matt »

supposedly cataclysm comes out in November so hopefully there are still people here who want to play WOW together.