YO GEEKS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

neck_cannon

Re: YO GEEKS

Post by neck_cannon »

i have zillions of m:tg cards
these are just my lands

i'm trying to play that life gain deck but the cards (as usual) became overpriced once that freak won that tournament a few weeks ago. but if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have known that deck existed. before then it was relatively cheap to get serra's ascendant but now they're $4+ or something, got one for $2 though. I'll post my budget deck list in a bit.
  • 22 - plains
    2 - Auriok Champion
    4 - Soul's Attendant
    4 - Soul Warden
    2 - Ajani's Pridemate
    2 - Wall Of Reverence
    3 - Aven Riftwatcher
    3 - Elite Vanguard
    3 - Serra's Ascendant
    3 - Terashi's Grasp
    4 - Faith's Fetters (no Oblvion Rings lol)
    4 - Path To Exile
    1 - Akroma's Vengeance
    1 - Planar Cleansing
    1 - Honor Of The Pure
    1 - Divinity Of Pride
it's something like that, i'm thinking of taking out the Faith's Fetters and replacing them with Journey to nowhere, so when the creature returns I'll gain one life for every Soul's attendant, Soul Warden or Auriok Champion in play causing my Ajani's Pridemate (who I need two more of, if you have any send them my way) to beef up and keeping my Serra's Ascendant/Divinity Of Pride beefed up. Basically this is the same deck w/o the fucking elspeth's, ajani's and other ridiculous (sorta) rares. And also, I don't want it to be a clone of the last deck (Even though it already nearly is).

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Hm, last M:tG deck I played was green/white, Ghazi-Glare, with Loxodon Hierarchs, Spectral Forces, Harmonize etc... Quite a pounding deck, I remember it ravaged almost anything except that Blue/Red control (or was it Blue/Black) with Dragons, can't remember the name. It was a long time ago, back when Time Spiral was active.

Since we are sharing, here are some of my World of Darkness books.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

I didn't play during Time Spiral. I stopped after Kamigawa because all my friends went to college or died (i wish at least) so these past two years or something have been me playing catch up.

Also this is it for me, my geeky thing is M:tG, that's all.

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

I played from Invasion to Mirrodin, the techno artifact thing really sucked for me. Pause untill Ravnica block, then played to Time Spiral and got sick of Magic.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

The sets now come out at a faster rate but with less cards in each one. It's kind of half assed/confusing. But I'm already too into it to be playing something else. I have a few shoeboxes full of commons/uncommons (I would probably have the same with rares but I sold a large portion of them when I stopped playing).

Also that techno artifact thing was amazing! Mirrodin was probably the best set I have ever played; they're bringing it back in October as Scars of Mirrodin.

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Yeah, I hear people saying that a lot for Mirrodin. I was just pissed that they ended little what was left from the main story line after Odyssey block...the whole Phyrexia invasion, devastated world thing.

Sell those cards, you'll be rich! Then buy some Rage for a couple of bucks, that's where it's at!

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

I'm not into vampires though. it's just not my thing.

VAMPIRE BLOOD WITCHES THOUGH WOOOOHWEEEEE
Something about anorexic, flying, undead cutters really gets me going.

but also, I seriously don't want to backtrack another game, hahaha. I am so into m:tg.

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Rage is about werewolves:

Heh, yeah that is the problem with Magic. Once you are in too deep there is no way out. I barely managed to turn away, bunch of money spent and all that.
But it's sick if you have old cards, saw some Alpha lands go on ebay for like 500$.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

I thought Rage was the vampire one... or was that V:ES? hahahah sonofabitch...

Your image is down, put another one up!!

I don't have any old cards, but I did sell one this past weekend for $32.

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Yep, V:tES is vampire.
Edited the pick.

Hehe, I remember my friends getting a foiled Tharmogoyf, or whatever the fuck it's name is. At the time it cost around 100 euros on the web. And it's not even old. Sick shit.