Lets talk about guitars.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ifp

Re: Lets talk about guitars.

Post by ifp »

currently:

Jay Turser JT50
i bought this SG copy back in 1999. It plays well and I've never had a problem with it. I replaced the bridge pickup with a dimarzio tone zone.

Eastwood Hi-Flyer
when i was a kid i had a univox mosrite copy. i bought this purely out of nostalgia.

Gibson Sonnex
this is the first real gibson i've ever owned. it's one of the small run guitars with a bolt on neck from the late 70's. it plays great and i love the feel of it.

Gibson S-1
a friend of mine gave this to me for free. i'm having a single coil humbucker put in next week. hope to start playing it soon.

concrete life

Post by concrete life »

I play either a busted up Aria Wildcat RS 2 in blue, or a Squier Strat in maroon. I prefer the strat, much harsher tone. My strap is gettng shorter as time wears on too. I used to be way down at crotch height but nowadays I'm strumming at the stomach. Emo.

What is the most skramz guitar? My vote goes to a black SG.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

i used to play this one:
epiphone dot studio

then i changed to this one:
fender squier affinity tele.

... but now i'm playing this baby:
120$ harley benton sg - its way too good for the price. the only thing bad is the first few frets, that are out of tune, which can be fixed super easily.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

picklehammer

Post by picklehammer »

gibson les paul studio - I was playing knockoffs for a while but I love this thing despite how typical it is
indie irk5 - basically a rick 360 knockoff. it has a vintage rick tailpiece, knobs, and I ordered rick pickups. so it's basically a rick 360 with a better neck now.
fender p-bass (mim, 90's)
rondo agile al-2000 - a backup les paul, I guess. I might swap in different pickups someday or just sell it
rondo sx gg1 jr - basically a flattop les paul with p90's. feels a little cheap but sounds so good.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

MIJ Mongrel (No brand information whatsoever)
Sort of looks like a cross between a Telecaster, a Melody Maker and a Danelectro.
Single coils, really light and handles real well.
Tuners need to be changed and it needs new pickups, probably a pair of rails.

I was thinking of selling this a while back but I just realized how good this feels in my hands.

MIJ Greco SG Bass copy
Just one pickup, shortscale, really light.
Bad neckdive. I sort of ruined it by trying to install strap pegs elsewhere (to no effect, apparently)

I really love this bass though. I should go back to practicing on it.

picklehammer

Post by picklehammer »

do you have any recording samples of that mongrel?