folk appreesh

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

smfy

Re: folk appreesh

Post by smfy »

mulder wrote:You fucking mindless posing sycophants. Don't bother posting a 'folk appreesh' thread if you're just going to unveil yourself as 14 year old nae-jack know-nothings by speaking about how much you fucking love FOLK PUNK AND IF YOU MAKE IT. You pathetic fucks, this music is awful. It has sweet fucking nothing to do with folk as well. Mind you, neither would chat about fucking Mumford & Sons and Bon Iver - which I'm guessing my complaining about your 'folk punk' scummery will precipitate. I'm not going to even bother looking at this fucking thread again. I hate every single one of you. Know-nothings.
haha

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

phantomlimb

Post by phantomlimb »

A.A. Bondy, Bob Dylan (of course), Castanets, Six Organs of Admittance, Charles Manson, The Deep and Holy Sea, Devendra Banhart, Jana Hunter, The Dutchess and the Duke, Lewis and Clarke, Noah and the Whale, and anything by Andy Hull are definitely my mainstays. And fuck the folk-punk haterz.

mulder

Post by mulder »

I was asked to leave a seminar yesterday because some fucking idiot started talking about Swans and Devendra Banhart and I called him on it. He was thick as pig shit.
there is no happy here

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i've never heard of swans, but devendra banhart sucks eggs
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

mulder

Post by mulder »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i've never heard of swans
lol.

Devendra Banhart is boring hipster trash.
there is no happy here

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

mulder wrote:
lol.

yeah pretty much. his show was 25 bucks when he played here, i'm surprised even half the wanna-be hipster ass hats in my town were willing to pay 25 bucks for that shit.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

mulder

Post by mulder »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:
mulder wrote:
lol.

yeah pretty much. his show was 25 bucks when he played here, i'm surprised even half the wanna-be hipster ass hats in my town were willing to pay 25 bucks for that shit.

hipster fools are fools.
there is no happy here