Shitty kids at shows

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

Re: Shitty kids at shows

Post by thebigmin »

welcome to hardcore in 2010

Eliteskramz

Post by Eliteskramz »

OR, people could be happy about that these "shitty kids" even come to their show, after all, its more money in the chest. and who knows, maybe one day they will stay for the last band and enjoy it, and keep on doing it. you cant judge people like that just because they happend not to care about some band they havent heard.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

yakbiddalz wrote:Couple of friends and I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, and Envy (obviously headlining). Trash Talk was supposed to play, but they were a last minute drop-off, thank god. Anyway, the crowd grew for TA and quickly diminished for Envy. This really just befuddled me and I needed to get it off my chest. I can't even understand.
Wow they suck.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

GnarlesManson wrote:idiot kids did this when trash talk played with nails and magrudergrind like last month. they got dropped of in a soccer mom van, shopped for trash talk merch during nails set, watched trash talk, and then left when trash talk was over. id say a third to a half of the people left before magrudergrind started. im glad they left.
This was the biggest bullshit ever. We weren't able to get in because of all those kids, and we really wanted to see Magrudergrind too.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

I usually stay for every band on a bill, even if I dont like them. I sometimes like a band live performance, even though I dislike their recorded material. And it just seems rude to me to not give a performer a chance.

And as far as Touche Amore goes. I use to be all about them. I listened to "Beating a Dead Horse" a ton (or whatever their LP is called) a lot. Then I grew really tired of it, and all their new material from splits sounds exactly the same as their old songs. They have a pretty set formula that has grown incredibly stale with me. The reason they are so popular is because they have easily understood lyrics that are fun to shout along too.They also have that pseudo-deepness to them. I would still probably see them live and have a good time though.

Gnarlin Gnartree

yakbiddalz wrote:Couple of friends and I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, and Envy (obviously headlining). Trash Talk was supposed to play, but they were a last minute drop-off, thank god. Anyway, the crowd grew for TA and quickly diminished for Envy. This really just befuddled me and I needed to get it off my chest. I can't even understand.
Man, you suck for not liking Trash Talk.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:
hahaha trash talk is pretty good imo they are catchy and fun to sing along to, one of the most fun shows ever, but i could totally understand someone disliking them, their lyrics get really lame sometimes.. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM PUUUURRRREEEE FUCKING EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

there is nothing cool about that.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Gnarlin Gnartree

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:
hahaha trash talk is pretty good imo they are catchy and fun to sing along to, one of the most fun shows ever, but i could totally understand someone disliking them, their lyrics get really lame sometimes.. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM PUUUURRRREEEE FUCKING EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

there is nothing cool about that.
Their new cd had some pretty lame lyrics, but Ive always liked their lyrics for the most part. How can you not like the "I am pure fucking evil" part?

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

I hope Touche Amore is decent live.
I don't like their recorded stuff, I didn't like them the other time I saw them live, either... but that was a Metalcore show.
Either way, I'm staying optimistic.

dirtbomb

Post by dirtbomb »

GnarlesManson wrote:idiot kids did this when trash talk played with nails and magrudergrind like last month. they got dropped of in a soccer mom van, shopped for trash talk merch during nails set, watched trash talk, and then left when trash talk was over. id say a third to a half of the people left before magrudergrind started. im glad they left.
was at this show, was glad all these kids left. made watching Magrudergrind better without a bunch of shit heads and kids who wear trash talk shirts to trash talk shows and buy more of the same trash talk shirts in different colors. i also like trash talk and everything they've done, but the hype around them does get kind of annoying sometimes