Shitty kids at shows

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

yakbiddalz

Shitty kids at shows

Post by yakbiddalz »

Couple of friends and I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, and Envy (obviously headlining). Trash Talk was supposed to play, but they were a last minute drop-off, thank god. Anyway, the crowd grew for TA and quickly diminished for Envy. This really just befuddled me and I needed to get it off my chest. I can't even understand.

GnarlesManson

Re: Shitty kids at shows

Post by GnarlesManson »

idiot kids did this when trash talk played with nails and magrudergrind like last month. they got dropped of in a soccer mom van, shopped for trash talk merch during nails set, watched trash talk, and then left when trash talk was over. id say a third to a half of the people left before magrudergrind started. im glad they left.

alexander

Post by alexander »

I don't get what makes these kids "shitty". if they love Trash Talk and not the other bands, then obviously they are there to see Trash Talk and not the other bands.

412Wolfpack

Post by 412Wolfpack »

Touche Amore is pretty known to people who listen 'standard' hardcore, they do not know Envy, and I don't think they will enjoy it
it makes me pretty sad though that a band like TA is liked by so many people and that Comadre is only 'big' in the screamo-scene...

Eliteskramz

Post by Eliteskramz »

who cares if they pay, tbh? let them see what they want to see

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

eh, i see your point, but apparently touche amore is scene popular. most kids who are hip 99% of the time don't grasp the concept of getting into a band their friends don't already like.

the only thing that really irritates the shit out of me is when people don't give donations for house shows where a touring bnad is playing yet drink the beer provided. what has almost brought me to fight people is when they do this AND stand outside and hang out during the touring band's set.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I wish people were still getting stabbed at Cold World shows. Or outside Hepatitis Youth shows.

mulder

Post by mulder »

To be honest, if I was at that show I wouldn't have stayed for Envy. Its okay to know what you like and to listen to that. Can see why the obvious hardcore merch/trend followers pissed you off as an Envy fan though.
there is no happy here

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i like trash talk, envy is pretty cool, i'm slowly beginning to enjoy touche amore, i feel like after i see them i will be all about them. it is dumb to leave for a band, i like to stay and hear a band at shows, especially if i'm not that familiar with them.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Erkel Takes The Bear

Post by Erkel Takes The Bear »

I don't understand why Touche Amore are so well known and overhyped. Are they friends with different labels or something? Every b9 merch crazed kid is a Touche Amore fan. They are the definition of mediocre and the vocalist drags them down below mediocre. Totally agree with that Comadre comment. Comadre do 100 times better what Touche Amore is trying to do.