Shitty kids at shows

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

GnarlesManson

Re: Shitty kids at shows

Post by GnarlesManson »

yeah i have nothing against trash talk, or people who like them, but treating a show like a trip to the mall is just lame. one of the best things about going to shows is seeing bands other than the one(s) you went to see. i feel like by leaving before a band even starts playing is missing the point of going to a show. (unless these kids all decided beforehand that they hate magrudergrind and/or had an appointment to be to)

one time i went to see total abuse, and the show got super delayed and i had to leave as they were starting because my ride home was waiting and i had work super early the next morning. as i was walking out i felt ashamed and rude. i was also bummed because it took me like 4 hours to get there. at least i saw the other band playing.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

GnarlesManson wrote:yeah i have nothing against trash talk, or people who like them, but treating a show like a trip to the mall is just lame. one of the best things about going to shows is seeing bands other than the one(s) you went to see. i feel like by leaving before a band even starts playing is missing the point of going to a show. (unless these kids all decided beforehand that they hate magrudergrind and/or had an appointment to be to)

one time i went to see total abuse, and the show got super delayed and i had to leave as they were starting because my ride home was waiting and i had work super early the next morning. as i was walking out i felt ashamed and rude. i was also bummed because it took me like 4 hours to get there. at least i saw the other band playing.
Man, now there is a real issue. I fucking hate when places start late. I went to a show once that started fucking 2 and 1/2 hours after the said start time. That shit pisses me off beyond no other. I understand 30 minute delays, but anything over that is ridiculous. Some people (like you for instance) travel far distances and have shit to do the next day, and a venue should try their best to start on time. Most places , especially bars, seem like they make a point to start super late (probably so everyone buys more drinks).

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

"shitty kids at shows" would be a great songtitle. i'll keep that in mind ! i think whole this discussion is a little overblown/boring.

some bands attract incredibly shitty, annoying, ultrashitty shitdrained kids though, Converge being one of those bands.

Trash talk at a houseshow about a year ago was one of the craziest hc shows i was at in a while!

the singer his microphone didn't work but nobody cared.. one my friends told i pushed one of the TT guys earlier that evening rude aside (too much drinks) to get through a door and he was superchill about it which is nice. i don't remember..

phantomlimb

Post by phantomlimb »

yakbiddalz wrote:Couple of friends and I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, and Envy (obviously headlining). Trash Talk was supposed to play, but they were a last minute drop-off, thank god. Anyway, the crowd grew for TA and quickly diminished for Envy. This really just befuddled me and I needed to get it off my chest. I can't even understand.
Happened here the other night too. I guess we can be thankful that Envy won't be the next big trendy hip ass band in the hardcore scene.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

Gnarlin Gnartree wrote: Man, now there is a real issue. I fucking hate when places start late. I went to a show once that started fucking 2 and 1/2 hours after the said start time. That shit pisses me off beyond no other. I understand 30 minute delays, but anything over that is ridiculous. Some people (like you for instance) travel far distances and have shit to do the next day, and a venue should try their best to start on time. Most places , especially bars, seem like they make a point to start super late (probably so everyone buys more drinks).
there used to be a venue in my town called lucky's pub, they were literally the worst about show delays. shows that were supposed to start at 8 would usually start at 11 because the owner wanted to wait for more people to show up, this was way more common for the smaller shows. it was fucking bull shit, he had to close the venue because people were tired of going due to the ridiculous delays. he actually blames it on kids hardcore dancing, if he saw anyone hardcore dancing too close to another person he would kick them out of the venue and not let them back in, ever. it was ridiculous.

and trash talk is one of the most awesome hardcore bands live, even if your not into their records they are awesome live. when i saw them one of the members brought their 5 year old kid on tour and he was throwing water bottles at everyone moshing
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

dirtbomb

Post by dirtbomb »

GnarlesManson wrote:yeah i have nothing against trash talk, or people who like them, but treating a show like a trip to the mall is just lame. one of the best things about going to shows is seeing bands other than the one(s) you went to see. i feel like by leaving before a band even starts playing is missing the point of going to a show. (unless these kids all decided beforehand that they hate magrudergrind and/or had an appointment to be to)

i wouldve been bummed missing Total Abuse too, which i did when they came through this summer =/

Arkaic

Post by Arkaic »

yakbiddalz wrote:Couple of friends and I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, and Envy (obviously headlining). Trash Talk was supposed to play, but they were a last minute drop-off, thank god. Anyway, the crowd grew for TA and quickly diminished for Envy. This really just befuddled me and I needed to get it off my chest. I can't even understand.
I was at that same show (unless Trash Talk dropped out multiple shows on tour). TA even had to ask the people to stay for the headliner.

like wtf man

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

Arkaic wrote:
I was at that same show (unless Trash Talk dropped out multiple shows on tour). TA even had to ask the people to stay for the headliner.

like wtf man

show was amazing, Envy's performance was everything I hoped it would be. they were so modest about it too, they didn't say a word besides "Thank you" between each song hahah. I couldn't notice a single emotion on any of their faces but when they started playing you could tell they were so into it. And for a band that's been around for so many years, I really respect that.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

yakbiddalz wrote:
Arkaic wrote:

like wtf man

show was amazing, Envy's performance was everything I hoped it would be. they were so modest about it too, they didn't say a word besides "Thank you" between each song hahah. I couldn't notice a single emotion on any of their faces but when they started playing you could tell they were so into it. And for a band that's been around for so many years, I really respect that.
Every Japanese band Ive seen has been like that. Absolutely no talking between songs and at the end "Thank You", then again, Ive only seen Boris.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:
Every Japanese band Ive seen has been like that. Absolutely no talking between songs and at the end "Thank You", then again, Ive only seen Boris.
It could also be because most Japanese don't really speak English.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey