let's talk about those compliations

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

wounderaser

let's talk about those compliations

Post by wounderaser »

best ones? i think the soulseek screamo room comp is pretty classic. i'm gonna have to go with the emo apocalypse though. i have found so many favorite bands through that record. songs of the dead is solid as well.

wounderaser

Re: let's talk about those compliations

Post by wounderaser »

a toast, tonight we drink to numbers, a set of graphs tables and formulas that equate to you and me, we can be added subtracted multiplied and divided, the ones and zeroes, the yin and yang of information, cascades of it reaching us faster than our own ideas, satellites mistook for stars, always knowing where we are even when we don't, blood shot eyes and bruised finger tips, mental masturbation via cathode rays, we need something visceral, we need to see starlight not lime light, definitions will be changed, sights will be heard and sound will be seen, screaming in revelry, years will pass before the minutes do, social and temporal fabrics unwind as we tug the threads, frayed edges, only then will we be able to fuck in the streets amidst the lonely buildings, dollar bills will be used for campfires instead of justifying natural disasters, conversation will be the only real currency, the ghost of a prozac nation burned to the bones by choices beyond paper or plastic, that or worse, so raise your glasses my friends our heartstrings are about to play a new song.

microscope

Post by microscope »

antipodes has like my four favorite screamo bands just on side-a so i guess i'd go with that.

bodybydesign

Post by bodybydesign »

somebody sell me the bonus cd-r that came with a couple of the This Is Your Life comps on Ape Must Not Kill Ape.

microscope

Post by microscope »

just got done listening to "the microwave says to the pacemaker", i love this comp to death. hate the assailant song though, ugh.

chef

Post by chef »

I really like the ABC NO RIO Benefit comp. That band Devola is pretty good. Also, songs of the dead, and better luck next time 7''
nothings ewwp thats ok cuz my records pwn

steven

Post by steven »

microscope wrote:just got done listening to "the microwave says to the pacemaker", i love this comp to death. hate the assailant song though, ugh.
WHAT? you are crazy

LeandroBR

Post by LeandroBR »

wounderaser wrote:a toast, tonight we drink to numbers, a set of graphs tables and formulas that equate to you and me, we can be added subtracted multiplied and divided, the ones and zeroes, the yin and yang of information, cascades of it reaching us faster than our own ideas, satellites mistook for stars, always knowing where we are even when we don't, blood shot eyes and bruised finger tips, mental masturbation via cathode rays, we need something visceral, we need to see starlight not lime light, definitions will be changed, sights will be heard and sound will be seen, screaming in revelry, years will pass before the minutes do, social and temporal fabrics unwind as we tug the threads, frayed edges, only then will we be able to fuck in the streets amidst the lonely buildings, dollar bills will be used for campfires instead of justifying natural disasters, conversation will be the only real currency, the ghost of a prozac nation burned to the bones by choices beyond paper or plastic, that or worse, so raise your glasses my friends our heartstrings are about to play a new song.

Somewhere between life and death lies the rest of us. It still just a day dream, fantasies collide I say to the band “play on man, play on” like it’s the only thing you’ve got left, probably is. Life really has become stranger than fiction and I’d like to meet the author one day. There’s a time and place where everything, except for us, textbook fairy tales and vice versa. No one bothers to read between the lines anymore, cubicles and coffins are one in the same, you’re dead either way. Watch all day across over by the window and the scream feels as blank as everything else, maybe your part will be different tomorrow. What’s important is you tried to try and sleep still won’t come until you hit it, at least it’s something to look forward to. Your heart beat is a nightmare still involved with the self inbound because it makes you somehow feel effected. When did work become a graveyard? A lighthouse comes closer to illuminate your fears, I’m so afraid for you. Building houses out of matches, I hope you bought a pack of cigarettes, it will be the most brilliant plan to ever light your way. So cast out the witches and steal all the thieves, you can cry if you can still spell the tears, it won’t make much of difference. Punch in the time cards because we will write our own history. Tabla rosa, a blank slave, the ones and zeros will be erased and so will we.
Fuck the pop culture.

LeandroBR

Post by LeandroBR »

My favourite is Europe Screamo Compilation, where it all started for me.
Fuck the pop culture.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

Anybody here know if a French comp has ever been released? I'd order on if there if such a comp existed.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.