cmhwak gear thread

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

dearericiquit

Re: cmhwak gear thread

Post by dearericiquit »

Have you tried the guitar geek board? People over there are usually pretty good at knowing weird, old, off shoot gear.

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

I got a Bugera 6260 4x12 combo a bit over a year ago, and it was a pretty bad purchase. It sounds great for an amp of its price, but I've had a lot of problems with it, and somehow I didn't find out that this is pretty common with Bugera owners, while I was researching.

Sharkboyyy!

Post by Sharkboyyy! »

dearericiquit wrote:Have you tried the guitar geek board? People over there are usually pretty good at knowing weird, old, off shoot gear.
Nooo, I haven't! Thanks for the idea, I've never been there before.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

I'm getting an Akai APC20 in the mail soon!

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Sharkboyyy! wrote:
dearericiquit wrote:Have you tried the guitar geek board? People over there are usually pretty good at knowing weird, old, off shoot gear.
Have you opened the cabs to see what info is printed on the speakers? If they're 70 watt cabs rated at 8 ohm I wouldn't think they'd be very good for bass. Be cautious you don't blow them playing bass through them. They could've been for a PA or keyboard amp rig too.

Sharkboyyy!

Post by Sharkboyyy! »

Andrew wrote:
Sharkboyyy! wrote:
Have you opened the cabs to see what info is printed on the speakers? If they're 70 watt cabs rated at 8 ohm I wouldn't think they'd be very good for bass. Be cautious you don't blow them playing bass through them. They could've been for a PA or keyboard amp rig too.
Yeah, we've popped them open and the speakers have no information outside of some numbers that we've Googled and found no information on. I plan on opening them up again and taking better pictures of everything to see if someone can't help with those details. If we play them, we'll be using guitars with them anyway and I play through a 60 watt head myself, so I'm not too concerned. Hopefully we can figure out what these things are.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

I have a Laney AOR 50
Mesa 2x12 cab w/ v30s (want to replace with an Emperor)

pedals
line 6 m9
boss dd-7 and Ch-1
EHX big muff
danelectro fish n chips
ernie ball volume pedal

guitars
standard tele
epi les paul w/ phat cat p90 in neck and JB in bridge

I have some other shit I don't use anymore (broken overdrive, valveking, etc)
(this is my first post so... hi I guess? haha)

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

phoenix_crush wrote: (this is my first post so... hi I guess? haha)
hi there. you should get yourself an expression pedal for that m9, i use the boss volume/expression pedal for my M13, one for volume (not in the expression slot) and one as expression, and its priceless for controlling delays, reverbs and od/dists.

guitars:
newer squier tele, super hot sound.
harley benton sg
epiphone dot studio

pedals:
line6 m13
boss RE-20 Space Echo
boss blues driver

amps:
orange crush 10 for recording.
peavey transtube rage 158 for home.
hughes&kettner attax 100 with peavey 4x12" for shows.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

I sometimes use my volume pedal as an expression pedal. It's nice, but I don't use it enough to warrant buying another one yet.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

phoenix_crush wrote:I sometimes use my volume pedal as an expression pedal. It's nice, but I don't use it enough to warrant buying another one yet.
for me its really irreplaceable for like buildups, and such. dang.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.