CMHWAK FOREIGNERS - RE: ENGLISH

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

412Wolfpack

Re: CMHWAK FOREIGNERS - RE: ENGLISH

Post by 412Wolfpack »

I write in both english and dutch, but our vocalist doesnt really like to sing in dutch

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

I prefer writing in English. Plus my university required us to write our undergrad theses in English. Pretty convenient.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

Pete > You wrote:Cool thread. I appreciate it both ways. It's cool to hear stuff in other languages, and it's also sometimes funny to hear non-natives write and perform in English.

Couple of things though:

Jake, how does this make Americans look bad?
it really doesn't. i was just being faceteous.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

yakbiddalz wrote:"Gut feelings"? :lol: check yaself brah. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Please take this opportunity to make up for the last opportunity to actually provide, you know, actual evidence for anything you're saying instead of just replying with a pathetic "NO U" post.

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

you're just some condescending douche on the internet, I come on here to have formal discussions but dipshits like you make it a thoroughly displeasing experience. I'm an international relations major with a minor in linguistics so shove it up your ass.

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

Pete > You wrote:
yakbiddalz wrote:
Pete > You wrote:
Sorry, "gut feelings" don't cut it.
oh and here's your evidence, brobama
guttural
gut·tur·al (gtr-l)
adj.
1. Of or relating to the throat.
2. Having a harsh grating quality, as certain sounds produced in the back of the mouth.
3. Linguistics Velar.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

yakbiddalz wrote:you're just some condescending douche on the internet, I come on here to have formal discussions but dipshits like you make it a thoroughly displeasing experience. I'm an international relations major with a minor in linguistics so shove it up your ass.
"Formal discussions". Are those the ones where you just stroke yourself and then pretend to be smart? Or those where you just talk about nothing and back it with nothing and then get all uppity when someone points that out? I said flat out I wasn't trying to be mean or insulting, and I'm still not. I'm actually asking you to be a little more formal, if anything (if "formal discussions" means something more than "state your completely irrational and unsupported feelings on a topic"). You're dropping your major, like it matters, and from the wording it seems you haven't even graduated yet. You hand in some garbage like this as an assignment, I'd fail you.
yakbiddalz wrote: oh and here's your evidence, brobama
guttural
gut·tur·al (gtr-l)
adj.
1. Of or relating to the throat.
2. Having a harsh grating quality, as certain sounds produced in the back of the mouth.
3. Linguistics Velar.
Does this mean you honestly thought I confused the word guttural with the anecdotal evidence you provided for French being "TOO WEIRD, MAN!" or that what you said doesn't count as anecdotal because you cut and pasted the definition of guttural without any further context or explanation?

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

chill it's a forum, goon

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Says Mr. Doublepost Hemad.

disposable

Post by disposable »

don't hurt pete > you's status on this forum. he will be really embarassed.