tabs

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

E.C

Re: tabs

Post by E.C »

Last night I worked out the main riff/progression in 'Aside from this...' by LOMA. i worked it out in standard tuning, so it's probably not how BK/Sean play it, but it works.

it's all on the G and B strings, and you can work out the rhythm yourselves, but these are the chords:

b|--13----8----10----13----12----12----|
g|--14----9----10----11----12----13----|

does that make any sense to anyone but me?!

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

crowquill wrote:I learnt most of Seeing Means More Than Safety in Drop D, and by how "easy" it is to play I wouldn't be surprised if it's in Drop D and not D Standard.
i seem to be able to just put this record on and play through it without really knowing what i'm doing, in drop d. in the videos of JD playing, they don't look like they're playing in drop d though, but i'm sure it is in drop d.
hay

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

I've decided to sit down and figure out iwrotehaikus and Beau songs from the LP and pre-Hours. Anybody have a head start and wanna be generous? I found a link for a few tabs but it's dead, hoping for a re-up.
be excellent to one another

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

untitled6 wrote:I've decided to sit down and figure out iwrotehaikus and Beau songs from the LP and pre-Hours. Anybody have a head start and wanna be generous? I found a link for a few tabs but it's dead, hoping for a re-up.
I know how to play 3 haikus songs and technicolor technicolor by beau navire. too busy to tab them out online at the moment.

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

I tabbed out Technicolor, Ceilings & the intro to Whisper earlier in the thread. Could use an accuracy update.
I think I have the chords to Ship to Shore figured out.

The chord in untitled 4 during "stay, angel face" is something along the lines of: x-0-6-8-9-0 (starting from low E). the run on the b-string before that is 12-x-9-10-9.
The intro chords to untitled 3 after all the ambience (which I also have figured out) are something like x-10-x-0-12-0(?) then x-0(?)-10-0-12-0 then x-0-12-0-12-0
something like that.

uhm what else.

I tabbed out the bass to untitled 2 (i'm using 8 song demo titles if you haven't noticed).
I tabbed out untitled 6 earlier in this thread too, though I can play it a bit more accurately now.
The middle part in untitled 1 includes the low e and the "root" notes on the a string, starting with an E5 (0-2)

I can figure out the lead parts and most of the bass parts. It's the chords I really wanna get.

Oh, I have the ambient part of Untitled 10 figured out, and the rest of it too. Still trying to figure out the intro chords. Emajor6?

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

plasticsmilerecords wrote:
untitled6 wrote:I've decided to sit down and figure out iwrotehaikus and Beau songs from the LP and pre-Hours. Anybody have a head start and wanna be generous? I found a link for a few tabs but it's dead, hoping for a re-up.
I know how to play 3 haikus songs and technicolor technicolor by beau navire. too busy to tab them out online at the moment.
you should definitely tab the 3 haikus songs when you get a chance if you have chords figured out. which songs?

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

untitled6 wrote:
plasticsmilerecords wrote:
you should definitely tab the 3 haikus songs when you get a chance if you have chords figured out. which songs?
untitled 2,3, and 5 of their e.p. when i tab them out they'll be a little choppy. i merged two guitar parts into one, so yeah.

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

Would love a tab or something for all 3, especially #2. So do it!

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »

Beau Navire - "Eyelids"

intro chords

Code: Select all

|-----------------------|
|-------13--------13----|
|--14---14---14---14----|
|--12---12---12---12----|
|--13---13---13---13----|
|-----------------------|
I don't know the middle part.

I'll figure out the slower "chug" part in a bit.

outro

Code: Select all

|--------0-------------------------------------------|
|------6------------0--------------------------------|
|-----------------5----------------------------------|
|----7----------7--------------5---------------------|
|--5----------5----------5-7-7-x---7/8-8\5-5\3-3\2---|
|------------------------8-8-8-8---0---0---0---0-----|

untitled6

Post by untitled6 »