CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE DISSAPPRECIATION

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

buckytoole

Re: Intelligent arguments as to why CTTS is "terrible."

Post by buckytoole »

is this the forum for CTTS? sorry i think i got lost?

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

other than the song non objective portrait of karma i dont enjoy listening to ctts, i feel like they are ridiculously talented musicians that should write songs that actually sound a little different, most of their songs are structured really closely, like if you have some talent then play some damn variety. and yeah they definitely were a good gateway band i guess.

and whats wrong with the kodan armada?
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote: and whats wrong with the kodan armada?
Kodan Armada drinks pee.

Nah, I like them for serious.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Erkel Takes The Bear

Post by Erkel Takes The Bear »

Kodan Armada is the most boring skramz band ever, nothing memorable about them at all

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

Erkel Takes The Bear wrote:Kodan Armada is the most boring skramz band ever, nothing memorable about them at all
This, I hate TKA so much. They have 1 or 2 good songs, but the rest is a snooze fest

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

The Kodan Armada aren't special, but they have a few good songs. AND TKA VOCALS > CTTS VOCAL BITCHUZ.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

TomAnderson

Post by TomAnderson »

Kodan are so boring, and the one singer sounds like a big fatso. That song about police brutality is HORRID.

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

ifp wrote:PROS:
- as musicians they are extremely technically proficient.
Know how I know your a retard?

Don't get me wrong I don't hate them. But they kinda suck...the drummer is pretty good....kinda.

ifp

Post by ifp »

Cromlech wrote:

Don't get me wrong I don't hate them. But they kinda suck...the drummer is pretty good....kinda.
i'm sorry, i think you have the wrong thread...see, this one says "intelligent" arguments....not "inmature 8th grade" arguments.

regardless, your point is uneducated. i think any guitarist or drummer who doesn't admit to 'as the roots undo' having complicated time signatures is just is not listening too well.

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

ifp wrote:
Cromlech wrote:

i'm sorry, i think you have the wrong thread...see, this one says "intelligent" arguments....not "inmature 8th grade" arguments.

regardless, your point is uneducated. i think any guitarist or drummer who doesn't admit to 'as the roots undo' having complicated time signatures is just is not listening too well.
Sorry let me waste time on a topic that should have been locked hours ago. CTTS was my gateway band into screamo in 9th grade. I've listened to as the roots undo more times than I wish to admit, hell I learned most of the album on guitar and I promise you there is nothing technically proficient about them. Your mistaking playing in a "complicated" time signature for what it real is. Its more like a pretentious time signature. Their guitar playing is boring and repetitive at best, even on their early shit it was boring. The bass...well its just pure lolz. Drums like i said, pretty good. Vocally I don't mind them but thats just personal opinion. Lyrically I'm torn...I know its pretentious bullshit but....nostalgia wins out in the end for me so I don't mind them at all .