math rockers

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

yakbiddalz

math rockers

Post by yakbiddalz »

A.M. Overcast. 1 Canadian guy on every instrument, DIY, horribly underrated, but the best math rock I've ever heard, which says a lot since I'm generally not a fan of this genre. Check him out, I could send 2 of his releases that I've bought, but definitely support this guy and buy some of his shit if you like it.

crowquill

Re: math rockers

Post by crowquill »

Mediafire this shit plz.

There will never be mathrock better than the likes of Colour, Meet Me In St. Louis and Tubelord though. Also, This Town Needs Guns.

robocop

Post by robocop »

piglet<3

sudo

Post by sudo »

crowquill wrote:Mediafire this shit plz.

There will never be mathrock better than the likes of Colour, Meet Me In St. Louis and Tubelord though. Also, This Town Needs Guns.
whadda about algernon, snowing, dakota, tera melos, etc..? :p
mulder wrote:Crowquill, nobody with a ctts username gets on my list. Sign up again and try again.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

this is a genre i need to get into, i already listen to this town needs guns and native (would they be considered math rock?)

will be downloading everything i see here
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

yakbiddalz

Post by yakbiddalz »

Native actually takes 2nd on my overall last.fm plays. TTNG is fantastic, got the tab book for free from their guitarist when I saw them in MA over the summer. Learned "Pig" and "Chinchilla" so far. However I totally forgot about Piglet. So I will concede... PIGLET* is the best mathrock I've ever heard, but A.M. Overcast is definitely a close 2nd. I'll get the mediafire link up by tomorrow night.

crowquill

Post by crowquill »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:this is a genre i need to get into, i already listen to this town needs guns and native (would they be considered math rock?)

will be downloading everything i see here
I will give you a list of the best of the best, for real. This is the best of the best. The best.

Colour
Meet Me In St. Louis
Tubelord
Tera Melos

There you go. That's all you need to get a headfirst dive into mathrock. In my opinion, Meet Me In St. Louis is the best of the bunch. Really REALLY odd time signature changes almost constantly. I think there's 8 major changes within two minutes on the first song off their album. Their music is raw and hardcore as fuck but still stays creative, unlike Blakfish which is just raw and hardcore as fuck and really boring.

Colour is more on the mathpop side of things, along with Tubelord. Colour are extremely talented, and the bassist used to play in MMISL. unfortunately Colour has also broken up but they left behind an Anthology called, eh, Anthology.

Tubelord is a wonderful bunch of guys, IMO their old material is the best, the new EP is nothing short of amazing though but they've strained far from their original roots.

Tera Melos doesn't need an introduction. Holy shit.

O)))

Post by O))) »

I'm a sucker for Giraffes? Giraffes!

crowquill

Post by crowquill »

They are also pretty good, but nowhere near the "elite".

sudo

Post by sudo »

O))) wrote:I'm a sucker for Giraffes? Giraffes!
Giraffes? Giraffes! are purty good, and are in the top 10 of my favorites. Superbass was the first math-rock album I ever received.
mulder wrote:Crowquill, nobody with a ctts username gets on my list. Sign up again and try again.