cmhwak bodybuilders

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

mulder

Re: cmhwak bodybuilders

Post by mulder »

Jakey LIAF wrote: rad, i think tix are 20 bucks for each show...i may go to both.

what restaurant is the carnivore challenge at? i've never heard of that.
I'll ask my brother about the c.c. mate. I'd probably be down for both. Wrestling weekend! Drop me an email man: lastdaaavid@yahoo.com
there is no happy here

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

Homies, I need some help.
With my laptop troubles hopefully out of the way, I'm looking to save-up for a new bench. These dumbells just aren't cutting it anymore, I miss the real thing.
I need something cheap, relatively portable (meaning it's going in a garage in which I have to reset it up or simply lift it down/move it, etc every day while there's no car inside of it), and not going to break/big enough for a 6'4" nearly 300lb dude.
If no such thing exists, I guess I'll just be getting a plain flat bench, bar, and weights. Easy enough. I'm not expecting another home gym, but it would be sweet to have some more options.
Any pointers or brands to avoid (what's the word on "Gold's Gym"?) would be much appreciated.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Benches are made to take weight. I can't image a bench being sold that wouldn't hold at least 1,000 pounds.

IRON MIND makes what I think you're asking for.

I can't imagine it would be cheaper than just joining a gym. Investing in a home gym is pretty serious.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

Pete > You wrote:Benches are made to take weight. I can't image a bench being sold that wouldn't hold at least 1,000 pounds.

IRON MIND makes what I think you're asking for.

I can't imagine it would be cheaper than just joining a gym. Investing in a home gym is pretty serious.
My father had a home gym, and when he got old I took it over. I've since moved somewhere that has no place for it, and it's gone. I'm hoping to be able to find a cheap, reliable bench with a few extra options beyond the obvious. I was thinking something like this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-St ... h/11993392 (figure shipping weight is 60lbs, easy enough to move around)

As for joining a gym, besides a Curves, there are none in my town. :lol:

mulder

Post by mulder »

Fuck kind of place do you live in if they don't have a gym? At the very least, you'll have a college or uni - you got to go up, find their gym and sign up. Might cost a bit but its worth it. Workout out at home is weak shit.
there is no happy here

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

mulder wrote:Fuck kind of place do you live in if they don't have a gym? At the very least, you'll have a college or uni - you got to go up, find their gym and sign up. Might cost a bit but its worth it. Workout out at home is weak shit.
It's a small, shitty suburb of a bigger town full of gangs and shit.
Really lazy ones that don't need muscles thanks to their glocks, apparently.

mulder

Post by mulder »

tonyxvx wrote:
mulder wrote:Fuck kind of place do you live in if they don't have a gym? At the very least, you'll have a college or uni - you got to go up, find their gym and sign up. Might cost a bit but its worth it. Workout out at home is weak shit.
It's a small, shitty suburb of a bigger town full of gangs and shit.
Really lazy ones that don't need muscles thanks to their glocks, apparently.
Travel to the bigger town.
Check out unis and college campuses.
Otherwise, ask on bb.com about buying benches... not on a skreemo forum haha
there is no happy here

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I refuse to believe anything Tony has recently posted in this thread.

Yetisnacks

Post by Yetisnacks »

Pete > You wrote:I refuse to believe anything Tony has recently posted in this thread.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

mulder wrote:Travel to the bigger town.
Check out unis and college campuses.
Otherwise, ask on bb.com about buying benches... not on a skreemo forum haha
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of doing that. I'd have to bus it but whatever. Should be worth it.
Oh, and nearest college is a community college with no gym, which isn't very near at all.
Pete > You wrote:I refuse to believe anything Tony has recently posted in this thread.
I wish it weren't true. :lol: If you can find a gym in Suisun City, CA please let me know.

Anyway, thanks for the advice dudes. I'm thinking I'll make a trip the next town over tomorrow to check out some gyms.