CMHWAK Guitarists

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

loveinathens

Re: CMHWAK Guitarists

Post by loveinathens »

I don't play guitar in Caitlyn Bailey but I do tend to contribute riffs every now and then. We usually write in some variation of D. Other times we write in B. For my shoegaze band, I play in standard with the capo on the third fret most of the time. I do use a couple of alternate tunings from time to time, usually MBV or Sonic Youth tunings.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Some of the Sonic Youth tunings are intense. My buddy and I were aiming for a more shoegaze sound a little while back when we were jamming, and we tried to use the tunings Thurston and Lee used on "Silver Rocket" (A C C G G# C + A A E E A A). It was an experiment, to say the least. I like tuning in standard with a tremolo bar, because aping that MBV sound is just so lovely. Instrumental post-metal in drop-Bb is fun too.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

Doing glide guitar and trying NOT to sound like MBV is always a welcome challenge. Dammit, I can't do it on my strat style bridge tho. I need a Jag trem. :(

clayt0n

Post by clayt0n »

My power violence band plays somewhere between drop c and drop d, it depends lol

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

Saddest Landscape is in standard tuning.

metrokosmiko

Post by metrokosmiko »

standard tuning for everything. i've always wanted to tune my whole guitar a step lower, but since i play in different bands and only have one guitar, i would have to ask each different bassist to tune his bass a step down and it's such a hassle.

any pedals other than gain-related (boosters, od's, preamps, blahblah) are for utter impotent fags imo.

wounderaser

Post by wounderaser »

i usually write everything in standard and play it half a step down.

VitiligoJackson

Post by VitiligoJackson »

orion pax is in drop c, my other stuff i float around with open d and random other tunings
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
If vitiligojackson says it's good, it's almost def good.

pennyarcade

Post by pennyarcade »

metrokosmiko wrote:standard tuning for everything. i've always wanted to tune my whole guitar a step lower, but since i play in different bands and only have one guitar, i would have to ask each different bassist to tune his bass a step down and it's such a hassle.

any pedals other than gain-related (boosters, od's, preamps, blahblah) are for utter impotent fags imo.

Right. Tell that to Evan Patterson. just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean it doesn't have a purpose.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

ive recently started to write in C G D G B E
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.