CMHWAK Guitarists

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

trent_pee

Re: CMHWAK Guitarists

Post by trent_pee »

I did a seasick steve and have my tele in G GB (yes. only three strings. it's fun as fuck.)

and everything else standard dropped a half step.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

trent_pee wrote:I did a seasick steve and have my tele in G GB (yes. only three strings. it's fun as fuck.)

Goddamn. That sounds awesome!! I used to play on three strings on my father's busted Tele ripoff. I've never understood dropping half steps. Do you use it to aid in vocals, does it make everything a little darker? I'm not sure what everyone's personal reasons are, or if there is a slight change in how things work, etc.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

Josefine wrote:ive recently started to write in C G D G B E
for black metal i tune the E and A string an octave down (seriously) and tune the d string to g, and only play those. if i want to use the g string i tune it according to the song.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

trent_pee

Post by trent_pee »

Bentwreck wrote:
trent_pee wrote:I did a seasick steve and have my tele in G GB (yes. only three strings. it's fun as fuck.)

Goddamn. That sounds awesome!! I used to play on three strings on my father's busted Tele ripoff. I've never understood dropping half steps. Do you use it to aid in vocals, does it make everything a little darker? I'm not sure what everyone's personal reasons are, or if there is a slight change in how things work, etc.

yeah, I can sing and play easier if it's tuned down a half step. then if I want to play in standard I just capo first fret.

if you do open G and then drop a half step (Db, Ab, Db Gb Ab Db) it sounds tight on acoustic, esp. sliding, it's fun as hell.

trent_pee

Post by trent_pee »

new tuning to fuck around on- D G B D G B. I guess it's dobro tuning

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Always E standard. Never any pedals except boost or overdrive.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

i've pretty much always played in DADGBD when i played in screamo/hc/etc bands, gotta love the dual-octave sound of A-G double stops sliding around over double D drone. i wanna be in a stoner metal / stonerskramz band where i'd play in that tuned down a step - CGCFAC i guess?

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

I've been on an Ampere fix for the past few days and, being the shameless ripoff artist I am, I'm currently experimenting in open E tuning. It's fun.

As for my rig setup, it's crappy. I'm using a Line 6 because I'm poor and it has some pretty awful tones (although I have manipulated my overdrive setting enough that it sounds reasonable). I plan on beefing up my setup once I start working the next semester.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.