Movies thread

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

buckytoole

Re: Movies thread

Post by buckytoole »

AlecEberhardt wrote:i'm a movie buff. i feel like more skramiez like you all might be too. i like fucked up stuff, really artsy stuff, and corny indie movies. some of my favorite movies are...

-antichrist

-paranoid park
and idk a lot more. what stuff do you guys dig?
antichrist was such a piece of trash. it tried soooo hard. we get it. she was a fucking crazy bitch...
and paranoid park? gus van sant can follow the back of anyone's head for 2 hours and call it a movie... elephant was even worse.
milk was good though.
xmoonxhowlerx wrote:Completely random list, but all favorites:
Le pacte des loups
The Machinist
The Prestige
Ninth Gate
Insomnia
American Psycho
The Rules of Attraction
Fight Club
Moon
Secret Window
pretty much... esp. machinist and ninth gate <3
also fight club but that goes without saying...?

MurderByDefLeppard wrote:I never got why everyone was all wet in their pants over Eternal Sunshine. I thought it was just an okay movie.
fucking hipsters, eh?

you know what movie rules?
Die Hard.

also pretty much anything with Bruce Willis.
Ocean's 12.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

Trying to look for Begotten and Holy Mountain torrents.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

ryanatwood

Post by ryanatwood »

finally a poster to rival my own knowledge drops.
smoke weed everday

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

on the van sant tip i kinda agree, but i did really like last days and i still want to see the dreamers...

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i watched half of exit through the gift shop last night, sick fucking documentary, even though so far its about some guy who failed to make a documentary about the same topic. unless maybe at the end it turns out he finally succeeded in making his documentary and made exit through the gift shop
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

i have to defend my favorite screenwriter ever, sorry.

eternal sunshine was not "just ok," it's honestly some of the most brilliant writing ever.

sure, any idiot can think, "man, what if i wrote a film where there was this process where someone could be erased from your memory? and then, because they truly have a connection, the protagonist fights the process off JUST BARELY so that the two can have a connection again." the fact is that charlie kaufman tied this up coherently, and the subplots that surround it are also extremely compelling and play a large part in the main story between joel and clementine.

i honestly am torn as to whether or not people say they don't like this film because they're too cool for school (see: people shit-talking donnie darko because it gained a hipster following) or because they are above the realization as to how much thought had to go into this script. plus, jim carrey kills this role. KILLS it.

and on a related note, if someone dares to blackball synechdoche new york, i will come to your house and piss in your mouth.

</rant>
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i just realized i haven't said anything about eternal sunshine that seems to be the cool thing to do. i have only seen it once but i thought it ruled. synechdoche new york is one of my favorites.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

O)))

Post by O))) »

I love Eternal Sunshine, one of the only movie that makes me cry along with Dancer in the Dark.

Yesterday, I watched Sitxy Million Dollar Man, funny chinese comedy with a guy that can change into toothpaste and other fun stuff. Everyone should see this.

mediawhore

Post by mediawhore »

O))) wrote:I love Eternal Sunshine, one of the only movie that makes me cry along with Dancer in the Dark.

Yesterday, I watched Sitxy Million Dollar Man, funny chinese comedy with a guy that can change into toothpaste and other fun stuff. Everyone should see this.
dancer in the dark, fucking hate that movie, in a good way, its fucking awesome, but so sad and unfair

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

O))) wrote:I love Eternal Sunshine, one of the only movie that makes me cry along with Dancer in the Dark.

i cried during the notebook, it ruled