Movies thread

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

BROOTALPOODLE

Re: Movies thread

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

tonyxvx wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:am i a creep for being psyched for the sequel to the human centipede
Isn't it just "Full Sequence" or something? Should have been called The Human Millipede...
hahahah thats clever. yeah i think thats what its called, its supposed to be medically inaccurate as opposed to the first one being medically accurate, so its probably going to be ridiculously crazy.

i highly recommend the amazing video of weirdness. i think i posted about it in another thread but since its so awesome i'll post it here too, here is a 10 minute video of it, there is a 2 hour dvd of it that is waaay better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33vWsRAYlg

some of my favorite movies are a guide to recognizing your saints, the life aquatic, scott pilgrim, the cabinet of dr. caligari, and some other random shit that i can't think of. its super skram to have a weird taste in movies but i'm horrible at remembering any. i'm sure as the thread progresses i'll recall a few
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

no one has gone into band dvds yet but i heard tera melos made a feature length film called snakeville... anyone check this out or know where to find it? also... a lot of you may have it but: http://goldenshowerscreamo.blogspot.com ... ation.html

more tour vids
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

Abel

Post by Abel »

Favourite movies: A bout de souffle, The Wild Bunch, The Seventh Seal, The 400 Blows, 13 Tzameti, Stalker, First Blood just to name a few. And Jean Luc Godard is god when it comes to directing a movie. And also, Akira Kurosawa, Lynch and Sergio Leone. YEAH

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

tonyxvx wrote:Image
hell fucking yes.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Damn forgot to add Dog Soldiers into the mix.
And yeah Stalker and Perfume kick ass.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

xdylanx wrote:I just watched Dear Zachary. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Don't look up what its about because spoilers will ruin it. Just watch it.
tell me more about this dude!

[/quote]

Its a documentary. Just watch it. I don't want to spoil it because theres a huge twist.

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

dear zachary was good, but not really the saddest thing i've ever seen.

my list of favorite filmmakers looks like every other "omg i LOVE WEIRD THINGS" dude: charlie kaufman, david lynch, lars von trier, todd solondz, p.t. anderson, thomas vinterburg, harmony korine, etc.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

I can never think of a definite top 10, but more recently I enjoyed The Tin Drum, Vertigo, and Persona.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

windowshopforlove wrote:I can never think of a definite top 10, but more recently I enjoyed The Tin Drum, Vertigo, and Persona.
Wanna watch The Seventh Seal when I pick it up on Bluray?
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.