TTs, record players, stereos

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

yakbiddalz

TTs, record players, stereos

Post by yakbiddalz »

What's your setup? I recently got a Technics SL-QD3 with a fresh needle, newly balanced, quartz lock, etc. Couldn't be happier. Only complaint is that it doesn't have a built in phono preamp.

tonyxvx

Re: TTs, record players, stereos

Post by tonyxvx »

I have a shitty Ion I got for 50 bux with a broken stylus I need to replace.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Got an Ion for Christmas that works remarkably well. Through my laptop onto my 2.1 'system,' my records sound fucking great.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

I got a Rega P2 recently, and I've had my Paradigm wall and ceiling speakers for a few years now. Pretty much a heavenly set-up.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Ew, direct drive.

I've got a Pro-Ject Debut III running through an all-tube Bellari VP130 preamp into a Sherwood receiver (forgot exact model, and I'm not home so I can't check, I remember it's from the RX series though). I like the receiver because it has separate circuity for direct and adjusted EQ tones, so the flat setting isn't just a bypass.

For tapes, I use a TEAC dual deck (again, forgot the exact model) that has a really useful mastering volume separate from playback volume so no matter what source or its volume, it will all be the same volume on any tape. It also has an input EQ so you can tell when something is too loud and super-saturates the tape and adjust it down.

ingoodhands

Post by ingoodhands »

Sony ps-x500 with a sweet kenwood pre amp!

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

I'm reconfiguring everything. Once I hornswaggle my stereo back into order I will post.

Also is anyone in New Jersey ditching a receiver?

trent_pee

Post by trent_pee »

I need 100% new shit.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

dearericiquit wrote:I'm reconfiguring everything. Once I hornswaggle my stereo back into order I will post.

Was it you that picked up the White Stripes 3inchers with the little turntable? Hook that up through some mad expensive equipment ;) Kidding, but that box is seriously awesome.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

Bentwreck wrote:
dearericiquit wrote:I'm reconfiguring everything. Once I hornswaggle my stereo back into order I will post.

Was it you that picked up the White Stripes 3inchers with the little turntable? Hook that up through some mad expensive equipment ;) Kidding, but that box is seriously awesome.
That was Andy. My nerdiness hasn't reached such heights yet. It's really neat though.