eastern europe

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

forzamadrid

Re: eastern europe

Post by forzamadrid »

xmoonxhowlerx wrote:Zann? They are from Germany...

Hmm...Guess that doesn't count yet.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

i think germany is obviously another thing, yeah. i guess i meant mostly slavic countries...

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

I don't really think you have to justify how Germany isn't in Eastern Europe because it actually isn't in Eastern Europe.

windowshopforlove

Post by windowshopforlove »

:lol:

art

Post by art »

Dollores, swallow! swallow! splinter! (both Ukraine), Gas Chamber Melodies, Warren Oates, Words Mean Nothing, Edda, Afraid of that day, Juliette, Panacea, Grow Weaker, Aporia(all Poland), Namatjira, Marschak (both Russia), Naiada (Czech Republic), You Are In My September! (Belarus)

I'm sure i missed some good bands, especially form Russia.

plagueship

Post by plagueship »

cool. does anyone want to describe some of these bands or highlight ones they think stand out for awesome?

majorx4

Post by majorx4 »

There's only two eastern European releases that I really paid attention to. Two bands from Ukraine called oh, deer! and Elephant Opinions put out a split recently that's pretty rad. I think they put all the tracks off it up on last.fm. The Russian band Namatjira have a demo out that's pretty cool too, so check that out. They're also supposedly releasing a 7" this year that I was talking to them about distributing, but who knows. All the download links Namatjira posted are down too, so I'll throw that up.
Namatjia

art

Post by art »

Namatjira already released LP this year.

In Poland Gas Chambers Melodies band is a screamo legend. Rest of the bands are highly connected with themselves as they share members. In my opinion Words Mean Nothing and Warren Oates are worth mentioning. Unluckily both band released only demos and disbanded then. In polish screamo scene there some kind of rule when a member leaves the whole band stops existing or at least changes the name. Afraid Of That Day is for crust vs screamo mixing fans (Ekkaia and similar).

If someone is looking for bands which are on the thin line between screamo, emo and hardcore punk you should check bands like die Last, Aporia and Złodzieje Rowerów. But these are bands from Poland, where I live so I may not be objective.

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

plagueship wrote:cool. does anyone want to describe some of these bands or highlight ones they think stand out for awesome?
Nikad.
Definitely the best band born from Eastern European soil.