ebay shopping

Trade or sell or whatever. Yep.

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

kumlypha

ebay shopping

Post by kumlypha »

Does online shopping and ebay shopping effect me when i get my taxes done ? im new to online shopping and just started to buy on ebay.. a friend told me that next year when i go do my taxes i would have too pay cause you don't pay tax.. i assume this only apply for ebay shopping cause i don't pay sale taxes but my other online purchases i have made i had to pay sale taxes... so could someone please tell me how this all works out.

phantomlimb

Re: ebay shopping

Post by phantomlimb »

kumlypha wrote:Does online shopping and ebay shopping effect me when i get my taxes done ? im new to online shopping and just started to buy on ebay.. a friend told me that next year when i go do my taxes i would have too pay cause you don't pay tax.. i assume this only apply for ebay shopping cause i don't pay sale taxes but my other online purchases i have made i had to pay sale taxes... so could someone please tell me how this all works out.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11658852/ns ... sell-ebay/

Pretty sure buying things doesn't count (I believe Amazon does charge taxes in certain states or something. Maybe? Shit, I don't know).

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

I think sites are supposed to charge sales tax if its shipped within the same state. Just a guess but I know Supreme only charges tax in New York on their online shop.

DandelionWar

Post by DandelionWar »

Supreme Swag Yolo

vinyljunkie

Post by vinyljunkie »

no you will only get taxed if you buy and sell more than 20,000$ in paypal transactions in a single year. Or have 1000 transactions. Whichever comes first.

then paypal will automatically send you the paperwork.

that is for income tax though, you arent liable for sales tax, unless you buy from your same state, in which case its the sellers responsibility to charge it at the sale. You cant get hit retroactively for sales tax.

steven

Post by steven »

actually, under most state "sales and use tax laws" buyer IS responsible to pay sales tax on internet purchases if the seller doesn't have nexus in a state to be charging sales tax.

you can google this and find out.

however, to my knowledge no one follows these laws and they are currently not enforced.