IFB Records - 5 new releases, Cloud Rat repress, Tons of dis

Trade or sell or whatever. Yep.

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ifbrecords

IFB Records - 5 new releases, Cloud Rat repress, Tons of dis

Post by ifbrecords »

Hello all - first, if you read this on a message board, rest assured I posted this and left never to come back until next update, so email me at ifbrecords@gmail.com for orders. I won't see a post on any message board I promise.

Yikes y'all, so this is a big-ass update with lots of new IFB releases and tons of killer trades. Seriously check the new Seven Inches to Freedom zine, Night Sins LP, and lots of the other stuff. Punk is good these days, what can I say. Without further adiou (how do you spell that?), here are some new IFB releases. All of course rule.

One quick note - I have more stuff coming out real soon, like the Elsinores LP - if garage punk, moody, crooning perfection (http://theelsinores.bandcamp.com/releases) sounds interesting to you, then just let me know and I can add this one to your order and wait until it's here to ship. We're talking a week or two tops on the wait. These Kentucky folks have nailed an amazing and creative sound. Check their other band, Salad Influence too. Earlier Elsinores releases can be found under the Karmic Swamp trade below.

Resurrectionists/Gentle Art of Chokin' split LP - neither of these bands needs much introduction as I've done releases for both in the past, but I'll be damned if they're not in top form here. Resurrectionists are as swirly and chaotic as ever, bludgeoning you with hideous grind filth that manages to somehow maintain that special something that makes you raise both arms and bathe in the glory of all things punk. Gentle Art of Chokin' managed to find a way to play even faster and devise new ways to melt human skin, slowing down only to stir the pot of your stinking melted innards. This reminds you that you are a filthy mammal and punishment is what you deserve. Meaningful powerful lyrics seal the deal. This beast is housed in a terrifying gatefold cover, and oh yeah, the labels are switched but since we're punks and don't give a shit we're rolling with it rather than wasting more plastic. This was co-released with React With Protest and Moment of Collapse. These are $11 in an order or $14ppd alone.

Rat Storm - Empty Hands 7" - Another band that needs no introduction to these esteemed readers - Bloomington's Rat Storm play ripping hc/punk that hits you in all the spots that want that, all the while upping the level in terms of being a meaningful use of resources. Read these lyrics and get to know the art - check out Kathe Kollwitz - my favorite artist. If you're at all interested in blistering punk that is actually saying something relevant, Rat Storm is carrying the banner in fine form, plus they know southern hospitality despite probably being half frozen as I type. It's on random colored vinyl so you get cool colors with no collector bullshit! It's a co-release with Profane Existence and Reality is a Cult. These are $4 on their own or $6.50ppd alone. http://ratstorm.bandcamp.com/album/empty-hands for fun and excitement.

Family Outing - Demo CASSETTE - Sadly, these Londoners have already called it quits, but this is one of those releases like the Fracaso demo where I heard it and just had to make a US edition - sometimes these things can't be helped. This comes from members of diverse bands like Lich and Good Throb and play a perfectly fucked up style of punk. The comparison that I have to make is with the Death Wish Kids in the sense that the production value is shit yet perfect, and everything has this total disregard for human life yet manages to pull off the best sound you've heard. These pro made tapes are packaged in legit old UK tourist postcards - each is different (read: cool but without collector limited shit, like yours is unique but not more valuable than another, like how people should be). These are $4 in an order or $6.50ppd on their lonesome. http://www.familyoutingpuke.bandcamp.com for the odd listen to a few of the songs.

Holiness Church of the Valley - Not of the Flock 7" - Alright y'all, so you know that 90's emo is where my heart lies, but I'm old and have most of those records by now and rely on the odd band to actually nail that sound to continue to justify my existence. Well, count me in for a few more years cause this Alabama crew has dropped a true gem on us. This has it all - the slight noisiness, vocals right on the verge of screaming and yelling that sound like they're coming from the next room, and the occasional nod to hardcore ala Assfactor 4, and just the right amount of chaos without getting noodly. Honestly, if you were at all perked when I said 90's emo, this is for you. These are $4 in an order or $6.50ppd all alone. Split release with House of Love and Spring Street records. http://hcotv.bandcamp.com/album/not-of-the-flock-ep

They Eat Their Own God - s/t 7" - South Carolina has always been a breeding ground for unique sounding punk, and TETOG give us something really special here. Take a blackened crust base but inform it through a lens of harsh emo, and combine it with a kind of moody oppressive ambience, and you can start to imagine it. The final track is a massive building epic - dark melody with harsh vocals throughout - this stuff rules. It's a split release with All We Know, Get Better, and Anti-Corp Records. These are $4 in an order or $6.50ppd on their own. http://tetog.bandcamp.com/

Cloud Rat - Moksha LP - What's that you say? That I already released this record already so what is it doing in the new releases? Well, this filth is on its fucking third press because it rules that much. Look, if you even remotely like heavy hardcore and grind and you haven't heard Cloud Rat then I just don't know what to tell you. It's like you wanted a grinding hardcore band to exist in the world that killed you live and caused damage in your home each time the record was spun, but also demanded an emotional depth and power that few bands can rival. With me? Well here it is - the most creative and devastating hc/grind out there done by real fucking people that have something to say and are living real lives doing the best they can to create something meaningful and just survive in this hideous world. Plus you've never heard a grinding Neil Young cover before this. $9 in an order or $12ppd alone. Still split with Halo of Flies here and React With Protest and 7 Degrees in the heart of Europe.

Whew - guess who had a few beers in him while the new release descriptions were done. Fahy, I bet you have the answer. So now onto more grand creative projects of others in the universe of DIY punk - pay attention to this shit - labels that make good stuff and trade are the heart of our community. Did I mention to get all the Seven Inches to Freedom Zine or forever remain illiterate?

ZINES ZINES ZINES

Seven Inches to Freedom # 12 - always the best - honest reflections on life/punk plus reviews and tour round up. $2
Maximum Rock N'Roll #370/March 2014 - its the 2013 year end top ten issue. $5
Maximum Rock N' Roll #369/Feb. 2014 - w/ Arctic Flowers, Stoic Violence, Dezerter, Nuklear Blast Suntan etc. $5
Maximum Rock N' Roll #368/Jan 2014 - Queer issue w/ Shopping, Closet Burner, Peeple Watchin', etc. $5
Maximum Rock N' Roll #367/Dec 2013 - w/ The Mob, Creem, Life Chain, War Plague etc. $4

React With Protest Records - Germany

Merkit - Discography CASSETTE - Cassette version of our discography that Lars was nice enough to do - huge booklet, killer screened foam package complete with sewing work, and 38 tracks of vicious hardcore. $5
Delos/Yusuke 7" - solid raw emo split. $5
Dolcim/Hammers 7" - US space screamo from Cease Upon the Capital folks vs. UK pounder. $5
Loma Prieta - Last City LP - CA screamo. $10
Beau Navire - Hours - CA screamo chaos. $10
Battle of Wolf 359 - The Death of Affect LP - UK screamo/HC - powerful stuff, sadly missed. $10
Raein - Il Ny A Pas... LP - Italian emo mastery - classic first LP. $10
Dolcim - Guillotine Ride - Ex-Cease Upon the Capitol - loud HC/screamo on React with Protest. $10
Titan - Burn 2xLP - Huge sound heavy modern HC/metal on React With Protest. $16
Titan - Colossus - Huge sound heavy modern HC/metal on React With Protest. $11
The Third Memory - s/t LP - Great French screamo on React w/ Protest/Sadness of Noise/Rok Lok, etc. $10
June Paik - s/t - First LP of Munich wild epic screamo on React With Protest. $10
June Paik - s/t (NEW) LP - Germany's screamo chaos kings at their most epic here - perfection. $11
Keitzer - As the World Burns - German death/grind beast - killer record on React With Protest/Parade of Spectres. $9
Delos - s/t - German screamo goods w/ Louise Cyphre and Gentle Art of Chokin' folks - chaos. $10
The Gentle Art of Chokin' - s/t - blistering German HC on the border of fastcore and grind with some rockier parts in as well. $10
Minion - Out of the Carnage - Straight up German metal like Darkest Hour/In Flames on White vinyl. $9
Resurrectionists/Battle of Wolf 359 - Crushing powerful HC from both - great folks, passionate music. $10
Battle of Wolf/Singaia - UK dark emotional HC vs. screamo project w/ Cease Upon the Capitol/Resurrectionists folks. $5
Resurrectionists/Arse Moreira 6" - Crushing swirling grinding German HC vs. jangling emo. On React with Protest. $5
Veloz - s/t - Heavy chaotic dark HC on React With Protest. $5
Tentacles - Cogita Mori - Texas screamo late 90's style on React With Protest. $5

Halo Of Flies Records

Suffering Mind/Six Brew Bantha 7" - total grind assault. $4
Deathrite - Into Extinction LP - Think Acme fighting Emtombed - German beast. $10
Hexis - Abalam LP - holy shit - sooo oppressive - Danish rolling pain filth perfected. A masterpiece. $10
Enth - s/t - Polish funeral doom from Suffering Mind folks on Halo of Flies and many more. $9
Jungbluth - Partache - Ex - Alpinist members drop some dark political HC all the way from Germany. $10
Light Bearer - Lapsus Act One 2xLP - Ambient post rock, post metal dark concept - from England on Halo ofFlies. $16
Malachi - Whither to Cover the Tread - Heavy goods on Halo of Flies - one left. $8
Masakari - the Profit Feeds - Dark HC/crust on Halo of Flies. $9
Momentum - Herbivore - Raging HC w/ a strong animal rights theme. $9
Northless - World Keeps Sinking DLP - Heavy as hell doom metal w/ forays into HC and post rock. $17
Protestant - Judgements - Wisconsin bulldozer HC band - gorgeous package as always. On Halo of Flies. $9
Protestant - Reclamation - Dark and bleak w/ good lyrics and a punishing approach. $8
The Assasinators - I Disse Morke Tider - Insanely catchy Danish punk - think Masshysteri with D-Beat and political lyrics. GREAT!!!. $4
Protestant - Antagonist - Burly heavy HC from WI. $4
Not on Tour - s/t - catchy as hell Propaghandi style punk from Israel. $3

Hydrogen Man Records

Host/KYOTY split 7" - Dark and crushing metallic HC from both. $4
Dying/Less Life split LP - PA vs. NJ - dark heavy HC - moody and angry. $10

Avant Records - Italy - just had to buy these - they were real expensive but totally worth it if you dig darkwave/gothy stuff - it's perfect

Night Sins - New Grave LP - Perfect darkwave goodness - gothy and depressing but catchy as hell. $16
Night Sins - To London or the Lake LP - Perfect darkwave goodness - gothy and depressing but catchy as hell. $16

Les Nains Aussi - France

Plaine Crasse - s/t LP - highly political hc/punk - mix 90's euro crust and French anarcho punk. $11
Hermanos de la Mente Furiousa - Agitadorxs LP - Argentinian HC - emotive HC w/ some 90's HC vibes. $11

Nervous Habit Records

Bad Side - Everybody Wants Something from Me 7" - Unique blend of old HC styles - mix Turning Point, Youth of Today, and Dag Nasty. $4
Angry Gods - Greyed Delay/The Swell 7" - Crushing heaviness - mix Cursed, HHIG, and Neurosis - ouch. $4

Bookhouse Records

Hexis/Redwood Hill - PIC 7" - just get it - overwhelming heaviness - Hexis has mastered the Rolling Pain style of heavy music. RH rules too! $6
Baluga/Squid TAPE - Surfy pop-punk vs. grungy garage punk - $3
Lake Forest TAPE - laid back and real calm emo/shoegaze - great dreamy stuff. $3

Japanese Furnace - band trade

Japanese Furnace - demo TAPE - Take straight ahead Syracuse HC and drench it in noisy distort filth. Sweet. $3

Feeble Minds Records

Jewish Starr - demo - Really good laid back indie/pop w/ fuzzed out vocals - recommended. $3
Sperm - demo - Punk from White Guilt/Shoppers folks. $3
Bad People - Mean Talkin' 7" - Dark and dirty outsider HC from Brown Sugar/White Guilt folks. $4
Bad People - Pearls before Swine - Grimy weirdo Buffalo NY punk from Brown Sugar/White Guilt folks. $4
Shoppers - Silver year - crashing out of control punk - the noisiest catchy pop you're likely to hear. On Drugged Conscience/Feeble Minds. These are the first press. $10

Karmic Swamp Records

The Elsinores - No Love Lost TAPE - Total crooning dreamy pop/garage punk mastery. $3
The Elsinores - You're the One 7" - Total power pop/garage punk crooning perfection from KY - think Wire/Beach boys dream. $4
Quailbones - Lord Dion's House of Discovery 7" - Big pop hook amid a garage punk base w/ a crooning post punk atmosphere - rules. $4
The Men - Think 7" - Raging noisy punk riot - great stuff. $4
Globsters - s/t 7" - Writhing mutant punk from KY - raw as hell and demented. $4
Twerps - s/t 7" - Amherst MA punk - nix snotty early 80's punk w/ straight up USHC rowdiness. $4
Tombstalker - s/t 7" - Total evil metal - heavy as hell with a Swedish death metal vibe. $3

Contraszt Records - Germany

Geranium - s/t LP - Gigantic and epic German emo/crust - probably the best band doing this sound. So good. $11
Lawine - s/t LP - Political and passionate Dutch HC - take heavy 90's HC mixe w/ stuff like The Spectacle - very good w/ a huge booklet. $11
Asfixia/Annunaki Revenge LP - Perfect emo crust like Anomie (no joke, just buy this one if Anomie gets you tickly) vs. raging Dbeat goodness. $11
Alpinist - Minus.Mensch LP - German dark hc/crust perfection - pound away. $11

Hash Crimes Records

Sloths - Knives LP - dark psychedelic post punk w/ some kinda noisy 90's emo leanings - very unique and really good. $10
Actuary/Wake The Machines LP - Experimental grind noise harshness vs. powerviolencey noise filth. $5
Dead Pressure - Dead Side Story vol.1 7" - Heavy violent and ugly HC from San Jose - ouch! $4
Phylum - s/t 7" - Devastating technical death/grind - think Assuck. $4
Augurs - demo TAPE - RECOMMENDED A LOT - Total heavy HC/punk blow-out - skull crusher from Oakland. $3
Wake the Machines/Water Snax - TAPE - CA noise violence split. $3
Wake the Machines - The Leppard Sessions III and IV - TAPE - Noisey grind/punk hybrid. $3
Preta - s/t TAPE - Blackened, ugly and hateful doom from WA. $3
Connoisseur - PSA TAPE - Weed fueled heavy shit. $3
Connoisseur - Medicinal Violence - weed fueled heavy shit. $3
Foiled - In Denial - TAPE - Evil and fucking raw powerviolence w/ noise and samples - this one will effect you. $3
SRMNS - s/t TAPE - Raw and stripped down hc/punk w/ early powerviolence influence. $3
xHostagex - Relentless Persecution TAPE - Oakland grind violence w/ In Disgust folks. $3
Volatile Substance - Emergency Exit TAPE - More heavy and ugly Oakland pounders. $3
Malicious Dismemberment - s/t TAPE - Disgruntled ugly hc/punk ripper. $3

Assorted records - all new - part is an order from Ebullition and a few other bits and pieces

Potty Mouth - Sun Damage - awesome damaged pop/garage punk - rules. $8
Sect - s/t LP - Great punk from Spain - female vocals - minimalist w/ strong peace punk and post punk vibes on Discos Enfermos. $15
Christie Front Drive - s/t 2nd LP - Gorgeous emo perfection - nice reissue. This is one of the top 2-3 emo albums of all time for sure. $13
Spectres - Nothing to Nowhere LP - excellent Portland gothy post punk - rules. $11
Spectres - Last Days LP - excellent Portland gothy post punk. $11
Framtid - Defeat of Civilization LP - Japanese Dbeat beatdown. $13
Cheap Girls/Lemuria 7" - $3
Dads - Invisible Blouse 7" - from Merchandise/Neon Blud folks. $4
Eunuch - Castration 7" - Kansas City punk w/ folks from Crap Corps. $5
Geranium/Finisterre 7" - Screamo/crust perfected. Dark and emotional stuff - excellent. $5
Easpa Measa - Free Blood 7" - last release from this Irish dark hc/crust crusher. $5
Loma Prieta/Raein 7" - solid team up of frantic emo on white. $6
Wit's End/Trembling Hands 7" - Killer emo split - 1 driving, the other heavy and plodding. Great. $5
Hybris - To Remember Why 7" - German bulldozer hardcore from the 90's - new copy - $3
Behead the Prophet NLSL - Making Craters 7" - Wild queer core violence from the early 90's - pioneering stuff that still holds up big time. $3

Some sold out IFB titles - got a few back in stock

Dolcim/Men as Trees/Dying in Motion/LPOJSM 4 way split LP - 1 left. $10
Lentic Waters - s/t LP - German super heavy hardcore - rules. $10
Resurrectionists - s/t LP - first release by Germany's best swirling grinding powerhouse. $12
Control De Estado - Ladron 7" - Tampa punk - think Crudos mixed with Drop Dead. Killer fold out poster package. $3
Rat Storm - Fractured 7" - Ripping hardcore/punk from Bloomington - political and powerful. $3
Landbridge - s/t 7" - Pounding dark HC from Tampa FL. $3
Hexis - X 7" - got a few more of these - first record from the masters of rolling pain. $5