IFB Records- Cloud Rat/Orgullo Primitivo 7" and Elsinores LP

Trade or sell or whatever. Yep.

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ifbrecords

IFB Records- Cloud Rat/Orgullo Primitivo 7" and Elsinores LP

Post by ifbrecords »

Hi all, as always, if you read this on a message board, I'll never be back to see a response, so email all orders to ifbrecords@gmail.com. Also, this is just an update - the full distro list is always updated at www.ifbrecords.com

So this update drops two brand new gigantic bombs on the nation - the Cloud Rat/Orgullo Primitivo split 7" which has been kinda lingering for over a year and finally got itself together just in time for Cloud Rat's tour with Thou, complete with Brian's manic 2 show a day tour pace. Onward soldiers! Also the Elsinore's LP is finally done - lots of work and love for this record - please take the time to check it out as it truly is something unique and special. The perfect blend of catchy goodness with dark moodiness. Also, since last update was mostly the sale and I totally rushed it, I wanted to give the Black Everest/Captain Your Ship is Sinking LP another shout - both US labels only have 60 copies combined, so if you're in the US and dig the Euro emo goods, get on this one sooner rather than later.

So here goes - the three new ones, then some great trades below.

Upcoming on IFB - Tape Rec - Death Friends LP, Grinding Halt/Pine Barrens 7", Marnost/Oaken LP, Marnost/Leechfeast 7", Old Soul - Nature's Arms Encircle All LP, Old Soul/Nic LP, Old Soul/Lentic Waters LP, Recreant - s/t LP repress, Closet Burner 12" repress, Landbridge 7" repress, Autarkeia/Me and Goliath LP (yes, it's actually recorded). Busy times

Some IFB releases I'm almost out of just in case you were sleeping on them
Cloud Rat - s/t LP (down to 3 left)
Cloud Rat/Republic of Dreams LP (10 left)
Holiness Church of the Valley 7" - 5 left
Hexis - X 7" - 3 left from the ones I got back in stock

Upward and onward

Cloud Rat/Orgullo Primitivo split 7"
This is the 7th release I've done with Cloud Rat, so really what more can I say? They are definitely one of the best bands of our time in the grind/hardcore genre. They've toured relentlessly and are genuine, honest punks that I'm proud to call my friends. These 4 songs are among their most vicious, keeping true to their perfect blend of grinding fury and scathing heavy hardcore, all topped with Madison's signature lyrics and bile. Orgullo Primitivo hails from Texas and Stephan drops one long track of powerful experimental grindcore. It begins with hypnotic and intense spoken word and devolves into crisp and precise blasts of drum/vocal grind. Both sides of the cover feature ambrotype photos by Ginger that only add to the sense of foreboding and disease that this record conveys. These are $5 in an order or $7ppd alone.

The Elsinores - Dreams of Youth LP
First full length by these Lexington KY guys. This record is a perfect exploration of post punk and garage pop but infused with plenty of punk energy and urgency. The packaging is made of inside out used/screenprinted record jackets, with some copies printed on recycled stock paper. These are $9 in an order of $12.50ppd on their lonesome. This is a split release with Karmic Swamp, Human Crush, Hip Kid, and Dead Tank. The review below says it better than I can -

“There’s something going on here. When an album starts off with “Unlearn,” a frantic, frenzied burst of a song that’s only one repeated line before immolating itself, just like Wire at their best, followed by “Cult Of Youth,” boasting an epic college rock hook caked in infinite reverb and smeared tones, the mind starts picking up sonic tracks and traces. Lexington, Kentucky’s Elsinores remind me of many things, but lack the patchwork quilt musical assemblage quality that so many younger band fall prey to. Nothing is given away.

“Dreams Of Youth” is a dark album, let’s be clear. Goth goes to the garage maybe? I don’t want to sound too glib, because this is a damn fine album. Listen for whispers of Pixies, the Wipers, Samhain, Lost Sounds, Echo And The Bunnymen, and the Damned. I’m particularly taken by the inventive combinations deep within Elsinores’ musical DNA. A full-throated vocal delivery that calls to mind Dave Vanian, a sonic palette of guitar sounds blurred and obscured by effects, and bass/drums that are whip smart and solid, rumbling foundation.

“Dreams Of Youth” is about hitting back against despair, even though in the back of your mind you know that it’s going to end in tears.”

Review from Matthew Moyer / Popinhil

Listen here - http://theelsinores.bandcamp.com/album/dreams-of-youth

Black Everest/Captain Your Ship is Sinking LP
This long awaited release finally sees the light of day. Two German emo powerhouses flail away on both sides. Captain YSIS plays emo in the more 90's pleading, jangly, yet on the verge of falling apart style that has always been a key to my musical heart. Black Everest take a dose of screamo but bring it a lot of heavier influences as well, going for a more direct knock-out blow. It comes housed in an absolutely gorgeous gatefold jacket. This is a split release with 50 Year Storm, Moment of Collapse, and Win Htein. These are $12 in an order or $15ppd alone. I only have 30 copies so don't wait super long.

OK, and now for some trades - bangers always.

First, I should re-mention the other two Elsinores releases that are still in stock over here (both done by the wonderful Karmic Swamp label)

The Elsinores - You're the One 7" - Total power pop/garage punk crooning perfection from KY - think Wire/Beach boys dream. $4
The Elsinores - No Love Lost TAPE - Total crooning dreamy pop/garage punk mastery. $3

Next, I want to make a very special introduction to Transfusao Noise Records records outta Brasil. I happened upon Le Almeida's label when I ended up on his email list and he was announcing his new release - the TAPE REC - Death Friends album. Well, it ruled and I immediately ordered some for the distro and after I couldn't get it out of my car stereo, we decided to do a vinyl pressing of it. Le's label is a little scene that harkens back to a wonderful era of 90's grunge/pop that I grew up with. If bands like Breeders, early Smashing Pumpkins, (a rawer and less boring) Weezer, Butterglory and the like get you interested at all, then definitely check out this label. Below are some of my favorite releases that I got in the distro, and I can't recommend them enough - Le plays in most/all of them, and they are all in the same neighborhood but definitely have their own flair. I ordered some of the comp's so you could get a sample of the whole label. I'm starting soon to put out Tape Rec - Death Friends on vinyl, and I can't say enough about it. This isn't my usual musical territory, but when it's great, it's great.

Listen to Tape Rec - Death Friends LP - http://taperec.bandcamp.com/album/death-friends

Here's the Transfusao Noise soundcloud site - https://soundcloud.com/transfusaonoiserecords

Here are the CD's I got in from TRANSFUSAO NOISE RECORDS

Le Almeida - Pre Ambulatorio CD - noisy damaged pop from Transfusao Noise Records. $6
Refrigerantes - Primeira Temporada CD - Brasilian grunge pop perfection - a bit more punk in this one. $6
Suite Parque - Interstellar Radiante CD - Brasilian noisy pop - think a rawer and not boring Weezer. Rules. $6
Tape Rec - Death Friends CD - Brasilian grunge pop perfection - mix Breeders/Butterglory/Smashing Pumpkins - it's SOOOO good. $6
Treli Feli Repi - Massacre CD - Brasilian grunge pop - raw and perfect. $6
v/a - Marlindo CD - Transfusao Noise Records comp. tons of Brasilian noise pop, grunge etc. $6

MORE TRADES

FLOWER OF CARNAGE records - Japan

Gasmask Terror - Like Daggers - Raw primitive D beat in the Totalitar/Disclose realm /300. $6
Moms on Meth - s/t - Female fronted French fastcore ala Hellnation or Infest. $5
Moms on Meth - Grey Areas - Female fronted fastcore mania ala Hellnation/Infest. $12
Veuve SS - Visceres - Brutal creepy French HC in the Sex Vid/Cult Ritual vibe. $12

AN OUT records

Sun Worship/Unru - Amazing and powerful black metal in the Fell Voices or Ash Borer style vs. creepy ass metal that sounds like what should be playing in the dungeon with Theon Greyjoy. $15

NUESTRA LENGUA records

Darto - s/t 7" - Wonderful spacy noise/rock w/ mem. of Dream Decay - highest recommendation. $5
Nazareno el Violento - XIII LP - Crazy heavy mean HC outta Mexico City. $9
Edhochuli - s/t LP - mathy and wild Pittsburgh HC. $9
Thou/Cower LP - sludge rules everything around me - repress! $10

MAL OKUL records

Genocide Pact - s/t 7" - Mem of DOC and Abuse - death metal riff heavy glory. $4
DOC (Disciples of Christ) - s/t - ugly blown out grind w/ Magrudergrind drummer. $4
DOC (Disciples of Christ)/Mind as Prison - Crushing grind from both - great split. $4
DOC (Disciples of Christ)/Triac - Mem. of Magrudergrind in DOC - powerviolence and fast mania. $11
DOC - s/t LP - Total raw-ass grindcore from Magrudergrind members. $10
Drugs of Faith - Architectural Failures LP - Mix grind/noisepunk and pure filth - Rules. $10

FRIENDLY OTTER records

Marais - demo tape - Dark and heavy German emoviolence like June Paik. $4
Healing Powers - Listing Your Problems...tape - Emotionally distraught UK post HC. $4
Vesper - Lux Lucis tape - Beautiful shoegazy guitar drony goodness. $3
The Process of Hope - s/t tape - chill gorgeous ethereal post rock. $3
Coma Regalia/Gas Up Yr Hearse 7" - Fast mania vs. a long burner on square vinyl. $6
Mustard Terrorists - s/t 7" - Minimalist art/noise rock experiments /300. $3
Place Called Home/Southbound Lanes LP - 2 modern jangly/powerful emo bands. $8

DRUGGED CONSCIENCE records (the first one's a new release, but might as well mention the others - check out Homestretch for sure if you like mean HC like Left For Dead/Merkit etc.)

Andrew Coltrane - Die Zerstorung der Kunst CDR - noise blinder on Drugged Conscience. $4
Radiation - s/t - Ripping Gainesville noise punk mastery - think Nerveskade/Disorder vein. $5
SFN/In Disgust - one sided powerviolence perfection - total destruction. $5
Homestretch - Wars of Attrition... LP- Mean and heavy Miami HC - think Mehkago NT with more 80's HC influence and some metal too - rules! $10
Rose Cross - s/t - Super catchy Gainesville punk w/ those 1 minute bangers on Drugged Conscience. $4
Panzram/Shoppers - Killer noisy punk from both - Shoppers is catchy and dark - Panzram is pissed, ugly like Pollution or Walls. $5
Sloane peterson - Knots/Telephone - Catchy as hell Miami pop-punk. $3
Body Garden - s/t - on Drugged Conscience Records - nice screenprinted package. $4
Sharlyn Evertsz - Get Outta Nowhere Fast - on Drugged Conscience Records. $4
Robert King - s/t - on Drugged Conscience Records - nice screenprinted package. $4
The Glass Path - Driving Music - on Drugged Conscience Records. $4
Dead Friends - s/t LP - Killer Gainesville stuff in the Assfactor 4 kinda vibe - $5