damn black kids

Where the stupid shit goes... of course.

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Erkel Takes The Bear

Re: damn black kids

Post by Erkel Takes The Bear »

Thread inspired me to listen to some Arghsolent, hell ya!!!

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghostknifer

Post by ghostknifer »

thread got way pc.

steven

Post by steven »

at this point thread should be locked and moved into the "stupid bull shit" section

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

steven wrote:at this point thread should be locked and moved into the "stupid bull shit" section
this.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

DONE :o

jt__

Post by jt__ »

steven wrote:at this point thread should be locked and moved into the "stupid bull shit" section
Signatures look gross on this forum

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

Felons are illegal. Should we term them not to be? Violation of a law is a violation of a law. Not everyone is a refugee. I know you're just fucking around with this, but c'mon Tijs.
Actually i was serious. I don't think it's an excuse to say it's OK just because it's correct according to law standards.

I think it represents the opinion of someone:

Only people who have problems with refugees NEED to mention shitty terms such as "illegal immigrant", "alien", etc. They would never refer to a blunt as an "illegal" thing (although it is), because they're positive or neutral thinking about it.

Also, it dehumanises the refugee totally.

Heide

Post by Heide »

chewing tinfoil wrote:
Felons are illegal. Should we term them not to be? Violation of a law is a violation of a law. Not everyone is a refugee. I know you're just fucking around with this, but c'mon Tijs.
Actually i was serious. I don't think it's an excuse to say it's OK just because it's correct according to law standards.

I think it represents the opinion of someone:

Only people who have problems with refugees NEED to mention shitty terms such as "illegal immigrant", "alien", etc. They would never refer to a blunt as an "illegal" thing (although it is), because they're positive or neutral thinking about it.

Also, it dehumanises the refugee totally.
I'd say thats because there are legal immigrants as well, but there is no such thing as a legal blunt. So "illegal blunt" would be redundant.

Not here though, fuck yes legal weed

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

So now the word "refugee" can join the club of "means whatever you want" along with democracy, racist, and imperialism!

I don't think you get it, Tijs. Refugees, like from Cuba for example, are not illegal immigrants. Refugee status means you are legally in a country. No one is using the term illegal alien to refer to actual refugees, because that doesn't make sense since they're not illegal. Illegally entering a country means you are an illegal alien. Refugee, immigrant, and illegal immigrant are all distinct things, please don't conflate them.

There's also the term "resident alien", which is a term used for legal immigrant non-citizens. You can feel free to get unreasonably upset at the usage of the term "alien" in that too if you like.