potential real uses for this space

Aka the "PC Zone"

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

gargamel

Re: potential real uses for this space

Post by gargamel »

brianutatx wrote:So on this section of the board we can talk about anti semetic thought and speech, in regard to our perceived affects of it on society and culture around us. Whereas on the main board we can just use a whole bunch of anti semitic, and expect no backlash for it, because being PC isn't funny.

I wanna go out on a limb here and say that I almost find nothing on cmhwak very funny. Seems like people (mods) are trying hard to harbor an environment where comedy can flourish though. Even with no bounds, people on this board fails to make me laugh.

Also I think it's weird that on a board devoted to screamo a musical style that typically has vocals that sound whiny and lyrically tend to whine about the world around the lyricist, politically or otherwise, we aren't supposed to whine about the world around us, or the mods will bring down the hammer.
I would tend to agree with this. And whether or not this board stays up, I think politics has a place in a screamo forum. I mean, heartattack (and ebulition in general), react with protest, and plenty of other screamo mainstays are explicitly politi cal. I personally think this forum would he way cooler if these types of ideas and conversations were allowed. And I don't think its all that hard to leave drama within said board. If someone decided not too, perhaps in that case a ban would be in order, as it would be violating an explicit rule.
I think that to a lot of us, being politically or socially active is still important, and this would be a rad place to discuss it.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

No.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

talk about your feelings kind of. that is probably wat i'm going to do. this not a joke, kind of more like a warning and a promise

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

neck_cannon wrote:talk about your feelings kind of. that is probably wat i'm going to do. this not a joke, kind of more like a warning and a promise
Bissau! Unlocked! I hope homeboy was unbanned...

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

pretty sure everyone has been unbanned aside from those banned more than a week ago.

steven

Post by steven »

politics + screamo go hand in hand. always have, always will.

mike stern

Post by mike stern »

gargamel wrote:So cmhwak as a whole has a rule against political discussions. If this new board is here to stay, perhaps we could use it for political talk. Thoughts?
please leave
i dont care and i probably hate you.

jternovo

Post by jternovo »

mike stern wrote:
gargamel wrote:So cmhwak as a whole has a rule against political discussions. If this new board is here to stay, perhaps we could use it for political talk. Thoughts?
please leave
Seriously, who is this bro? Flex your head dude.

kyeospeaks

Post by kyeospeaks »

someone told me of this recent new addition to the board. if we can keep it a safe, mature, and welcoming environment, then i'm sure this will be great!

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

[stupid bullshit deleted]

i hope nobody ever reads this thread, thank god i grew up
Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.