potential real uses for this space

Aka the "PC Zone"

Moderators: neck_cannon, thebigmin, steven, Andrew

Re: potential real uses for this space

Postby gargamel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 am

brianutatx wrote:So on this section of the board we can talk about anti semetic thought and speech, in regard to our perceived affects of it on society and culture around us. Whereas on the main board we can just use a whole bunch of anti semitic, and expect no backlash for it, because being PC isn't funny.

I wanna go out on a limb here and say that I almost find nothing on cmhwak very funny. Seems like people (mods) are trying hard to harbor an environment where comedy can flourish though. Even with no bounds, people on this board fails to make me laugh.

Also I think it's weird that on a board devoted to screamo a musical style that typically has vocals that sound whiny and lyrically tend to whine about the world around the lyricist, politically or otherwise, we aren't supposed to whine about the world around us, or the mods will bring down the hammer.

I would tend to agree with this. And whether or not this board stays up, I think politics has a place in a screamo forum. I mean, heartattack (and ebulition in general), react with protest, and plenty of other screamo mainstays are explicitly politi cal. I personally think this forum would he way cooler if these types of ideas and conversations were allowed. And I don't think its all that hard to leave drama within said board. If someone decided not too, perhaps in that case a ban would be in order, as it would be violating an explicit rule.
I think that to a lot of us, being politically or socially active is still important, and this would be a rad place to discuss it.
gargamel

Postby Pete > You » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 am

No.
Pete > You

Postby neck_cannon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:25 am

talk about your feelings kind of. that is probably wat i'm going to do. this not a joke, kind of more like a warning and a promise
neck_cannon

Postby gargamel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

neck_cannon wrote:talk about your feelings kind of. that is probably wat i'm going to do. this not a joke, kind of more like a warning and a promise

Bissau! Unlocked! I hope homeboy was unbanned...
gargamel

Postby neck_cannon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 am

pretty sure everyone has been unbanned aside from those banned more than a week ago.
neck_cannon

Postby steven » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

politics + screamo go hand in hand. always have, always will.
steven

Postby mike stern » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

gargamel wrote:So cmhwak as a whole has a rule against political discussions. If this new board is here to stay, perhaps we could use it for political talk. Thoughts?

please leave
i dont care and i probably hate you.
mike stern

Postby jternovo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 pm

mike stern wrote:
gargamel wrote:So cmhwak as a whole has a rule against political discussions. If this new board is here to stay, perhaps we could use it for political talk. Thoughts?

please leave

Seriously, who is this bro? Flex your head dude.
jternovo

Postby kyeospeaks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 am

someone told me of this recent new addition to the board. if we can keep it a safe, mature, and welcoming environment, then i'm sure this will be great!
kyeospeaks

Postby CitizenOfUlysses » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 pm

kyeospeaks wrote:someone told me of this recent new addition to the board. if we can keep it a safe, mature, and welcoming environment, then i'm sure this will be great!

nigger, faggot, kike, spic, towelhead, cuntbag, polak, nig nog, chink, bitch, aaaand cockguzzling butthole muncher

"safe", "mature", and "welcoming" sounds like censorship

fuck censorship

I'd rather prefer being an asshat douchebag over the fascist, thought police kinda shit you're pushing, mate

serious discussion of important issues? awesome

name calling, immaturity, and general douchebaggery added in the mix? even better
thievesguild wrote:old enough to skram...old enough to ram.
CitizenOfUlysses

PreviousNext

Return to Politics, social issues, being serious, etc.