potential real uses for this space

Aka the "PC Zone"

Moderators: neck_cannon, thebigmin, steven, Andrew

Re: potential real uses for this space

Postby kyeospeaks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:49 am

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
kyeospeaks wrote:someone told me of this recent new addition to the board. if we can keep it a safe, mature, and welcoming environment, then i'm sure this will be great!

nigger, faggot, kike, spic, towelhead, cuntbag, polak, nig nog, chink, bitch, aaaand cockguzzling butthole muncher

"safe", "mature", and "welcoming" sounds like censorship

fuck censorship

I'd rather prefer being an asshat douchebag over the fascist, thought police kinda shit you're pushing, mate

serious discussion of important issues? awesome

name calling, immaturity, and general douchebaggery added in the mix? even better

hey citizenofulysses. those 3 words each have individual definitions. i don't think generalizing or putting words in my mouth is necessary. you can say what you want, i'm not stopping you and no one can stop you (unless you're a mod). feel free to express yourself any way you see fit. i hope you have a great rest of the summer, friend! :)
kyeospeaks

Postby CitizenOfUlysses » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

kyeospeaks wrote:hey citizenofulysses. those 3 words each have individual definitions. i don't think generalizing or putting words in my mouth is necessary. you can say what you want, i'm not stopping you and no one can stop you (unless you're a mod). feel free to express yourself any way you see fit. i hope you have a great rest of the summer, friend! :)

DAMMIT I CAN'T EVEN MAKE PEOPLE SAY STUPID THINGS ANYMORE why you gotta go and be reasonable on me like that.

But really, those sorts of words are used often to promote this awkward politically correct space that is always attempted to be created (horrid grammar there, sorry) by people in college classes (DIVERSITY DIVERSITY), academia, and the internet (specifically the shithole that is tumblr). While each of those three words do have their own context, they're also buzzwords for people who want to instantly shut down conversation (look to anita sarkeesian, that feminist youtube chick who analyzes video games and shit to identify tropes that r harmful 2 womyn, who espouses a brand of feminism I fucking hate [the censorship kind] and rejects the existence of sex positive feminism to the point where she deletes comments that relate to a lot of contemporary fem lit or coolio gender theory (WHAT UP JUDY B) that tears her shit apart or anything that contradicts what she's saying). It's almost as if creating a "safe" and "welcoming" space means only to be safe and welcoming to whatever you agree with. Which isn't cool to me. I agree that discourse creates reality and how we think of words and use them and all that is super important and we should analyze what we are saying and why we say it and who it hurts and what systems and institutions the shit that comes out of our mouths support bc I <3 my post structuralists plenty, but I also don't like fascists. And libtards can be fascists too.

I'll just chalk up my previous vitriol to me venting on somebody on the internet bc of frustration with the high schoolers I'm teaching at debate camp (terrible excuse). Love those kids but they can b super dense sometimes.

I hope you have a nice summer as well, friend.
thievesguild wrote:old enough to skram...old enough to ram.
CitizenOfUlysses

Postby neck_cannon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:50 pm

well... i'm sure you could have said all of that without saying all that other dumb b/s rishi. maybe then mark would have stuck around, dude is pretty in tune with southern california.
neck_cannon

Postby kyeospeaks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:09 pm

citizen, i don't really care what you think or why your stance is the way it is. i'm not very interested or invested in your previous internet debates but thank you for explaining. i really appreciate you sharing :) debate camp sounds great.
kyeospeaks

Postby CitizenOfUlysses » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

neck_cannon wrote:well... i'm sure you could have said all of that without saying all that other dumb b/s rishi. maybe then mark would have stuck around, dude is pretty in tune with southern california.

wait wot, who is mark? kyeospeaks? I think he is back now, sorry for being kinda stupid :oops: I don't want to drive ppl away!

kyeospeaks wrote:citizen, i don't really care what you think or why your stance is the way it is. i'm not very interested or invested in your previous internet debates but thank you for explaining. i really appreciate you sharing :) debate camp sounds great.

I mean, I don't think I brought up any previous internet debates I've participated in? I guess I was just trying to discuss what this newly added space for discourse and discussion might benefit from in my own way. I appreciate that you appreciate my sharing. Also I like your band. Uh, so yeah. I'm done being awkward now.

But really, this space could be cool, cmhwak (mod).

I think it needs more people posting, though. It's kinda not very active other than that one thread about the politicized bands. Fuck it, I'll make an election thread.
CitizenOfUlysses

Postby gargamel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:54 pm

While words aren't inherently good or bad, using words simply to offend "PC" folks is pretty silly and reactionary. I tire of that shit just as much as I tire of the overly pc kids. I don't thinkbqnyone has suggested that language should be moderated in and of itself. Instead, I think the point is that we can moderate ourselves to an extent which keeps this subforum separate from the general-fucking-around that is the central board. Ka-ramble!
gargamel

Postby CitizenOfUlysses » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm

gargamel wrote:While words aren't inherently good or bad, using words simply to offend "PC" folks is pretty silly and reactionary. I tire of that shit just as much as I tire of the overly pc kids. I don't thinkbqnyone has suggested that language should be moderated in and of itself. Instead, I think the point is that we can moderate ourselves to an extent which keeps this subforum separate from the general-fucking-around that is the central board. Ka-ramble!

Yeah, I overreacted rather harshly to something that was pretty innocent with that post. I completely agree with this.
CitizenOfUlysses

Previous

Return to Politics, social issues, being serious, etc.