Page 1 of 3

potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm
by gargamel
So cmhwak as a whole has a rule against political discussions. If this new board is here to stay, perhaps we could use it for political talk. Thoughts?

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm
by CitizenOfUlysses
I think that might be cool IF AND ONLY IF all talk of the sort stays confined to this space, and no grudges are held beyond this space. So yeah. Yup. That's what I think.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:25 pm
by Pete > You
I'm pretty sure this was created as a joke and I expect it to be removed soon. If you think grudges can be confined here or that this section won't devolve into an absolute shitstorm if it's used seriously you are delusional.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 pm
by thisguyisalright
I thought this was going to stay up as a joke. I was actually going to make a thread titled "Laughter: do we really need it?"

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 pm
by CitizenOfUlysses
Pete > You wrote:I'm pretty sure this was created as a joke and I expect it to be removed soon. If you think grudges can be confined here or that this section won't devolve into an absolute shitstorm if it's used seriously you are delusional.


PETE STOP STOMPING ALL OVER MY DREAMS. but you're probably right. meh. oh well.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm
by Pete > You
thisguyisalright wrote:I thought this was going to stay up as a joke. I was actually going to make a thread titled "Laughter: do we really need it?"


I fully support this.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 pm
by jternovo
Just out of curiosity, why are political discussions not allowed here? A lot of important screamo bands were political in thought so it would make sense for the community that supports those band to at least discuss things like politics openly, no?
I just find the idea of no politics allowed in a "punk" community to be counter intuitive. *Note* I am talking about discussion, not banning members that use offensive language.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 pm
by thisguyisalright
I guess just because no one wants to see people getting into arguments because everyone here is similar on some level and this is one of the places you won' t be judged for what you're into, and hostility could potentially get in the way of that. That being said I wouldn't be against a political board or whatever as long as those involved are able to, as was said, leave any grudges in that board and still be able to bro down in the skramz sections.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:53 pm
by brianutatx
So on this section of the board we can talk about anti semetic thought and speech, in regard to our perceived affects of it on society and culture around us. Whereas on the main board we can just use a whole bunch of anti semitic, and expect no backlash for it, because being PC isn't funny.

I wanna go out on a limb here and say that I almost find nothing on cmhwak very funny. Seems like people (mods) are trying hard to harbor an environment where comedy can flourish though. Even with no bounds, people on this board fails to make me laugh.

Also I think it's weird that on a board devoted to screamo a musical style that typically has vocals that sound whiny and lyrically tend to whine about the world around the lyricist, politically or otherwise, we aren't supposed to whine about the world around us, or the mods will bring down the hammer.

Re: potential real uses for this space

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 am
by Pete > You
thisguyisalright wrote:I guess just because no one wants to see people getting into arguments because everyone here is similar on some level and this is one of the places you won' t be judged for what you're into, and hostility could potentially get in the way of that.


Exactly. I would go so far as to say why do you feel the need to bring political discussions here?

thisguyisalright wrote:That being said I wouldn't be against a political board or whatever as long as those involved are able to, as was said, leave any grudges in that board and still be able to bro down in the skramz sections.


Absolute pipe dream. We're already starting to see what will happen below:

brianutatx wrote:So on this section of the board we can talk about anti semetic thought and speech, in regard to our perceived affects of it on society and culture around us. Whereas on the main board we can just use a whole bunch of anti semitic, and expect no backlash for it, because being PC isn't funny.

I wanna go out on a limb here and say that I almost find nothing on cmhwak very funny. Seems like people (mods) are trying hard to harbor an environment where comedy can flourish though. Even with no bounds, people on this board fails to make me laugh.

Also I think it's weird that on a board devoted to screamo a musical style that typically has vocals that sound whiny and lyrically tend to whine about the world around the lyricist, politically or otherwise, we aren't supposed to whine about the world around us, or the mods will bring down the hammer.


If you find it so objectionable and not funny, you have the freedom to give being funny a shot, or not come here if you find it so boring. What hammer is being brought down on you? I don't want this place to devolve into the cesspools that are a lot of other boards, and part of that is having topics that lends themselves to divisiveness being taboo. That's "the hammer" being brought down? Not shitting up the place and being at each others' throats?

I seriously just do not understand this sentiment whatsoever. It's a big internet. It's free. If you want to talk about whatever you like, make your own board with your own rules, or start a blog, or start an email list, do whatever the hell you want. This is not the only site on the internet.