Reasons why discussing politics isn't always bad

Aka the "PC Zone"

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

jternovo

Reasons why discussing politics isn't always bad

Post by jternovo »

Pete asked why I felt the need to bring politics into this forum but unfortunately locked that thread before I could respond. I get the fact that we all come from a similar musical background and theoretically have very similar political views but I still think that open discussion is valuable. Just the fact that we all come from different places around the world might help us re-evaluate old perceptions we held. An example is in the thread that blew up gay members of the board were saying that the use of fag did not bother them which surprised me. My homosexual/queer friends here in alberta have a strong hate for that word so I started thinking more along the lines of whether that term has less meaning outside of my particular province where it might be used with more hate? I don't know if that is true but it still made me think which adds value to the conversation. It is when personal attacks are added (I am guilty of this, though I usually stoop to bad jokes because I have a lame sense of humour) that the thread devolved into a back and forth of bullshit.

Also to quickly address the its a big free internet so why don't you go talk elsewhere statement. That attitude totally reminds me of the "this is our country so if you don't like it you can get out" attitude a lot of entitled "patriots" hold in regards to foreigners that "threaten" their way of life somehow. It's weird that you keep saying the internet is a free place while this internet site is not a free place. I don't know, I don't pay for the web domain so maybe its easier for me to say that but its just my observation.

I assume this will be locked out like the other one or deleted but I just wanted to have my say while the PC zone existed. It might be a stupid moniker that was thrown up more as an insult to what was going on then as an actual sub forum but I'll use it while I can. I give no fucks

jternovo

Re: Reasons why discussing politics isn't always bad

Post by jternovo »

Holy shit, I mean aren't bad, not isn't bad... fuck me the english language is beyond my grasp.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Enjoy your ban! :D

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

BUT PETE THIS IS THE PC ZONE, HAVE YOU NO HEART? ARE YOU NOT FLESH AND BLOOD LIKE THE REST OF US?

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

EXACTLY, MY PANSEXUAL PEER (I DON'T WANT TO SAY "BRO", THAT WORD IS A SUBMISSION TO THE LANGUAGE OF THE PHALLOCENTRIC TESTOSTERONOCRACY)! SHIM WAS CLEARLY A SUBVERSIVE OPERATIVE OF THE TRANSNATIONAL CORPORATE CONTROLLED STATE! YOU CAN ALWAYS SPOT THEM BECAUSE THEY FORGET TO MENTION THE MASS EXTERMINATIONS THAT SHOULD BE LEVIED UPON THE ELOI!

PRAISE GAIA.

NAMASTE.

thisguyisalright

I CANNOT LET A FELLOW EDMONTON BRO GO BANNED WITHOUT EXPRESSING CAPITALIZED DISCOMFORT AT THE PROSPECT, I'M SORRY PETE BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

thisguyisalright

thisguyisalright wrote:I CANNOT LET A FELLOW EDMONTON BRO GO BANNED WITHOUT EXPRESSING CAPITALIZED DISCOMFORT AT THE PROSPECT, I'M SORRY PETE BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
AH I SAID BRO, NOW YOU HAVE TO BAN ME FOR OFF TOPIC PC DISCUSSION.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

YOUR USE OF THE TERM "BRO" IS HATE SPEECH! AS A TYPICAL, DUMB WHITE "MALE", YOU HAVE NO IDEA THAT YOUR ACTIONS CONSTITUTE A CULTURE OF RAPE! YOUR ACTIONS ARE LITERALLY THE EQUIVALENT OF THE HOLOCAUST, WHICH CLEARLY DID NOT HAPPEN AS JEWS ARE ALL GREEDY LIARS WHO CONTROL THE MEDIA.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Pete > You wrote:Enjoy your ban! :D
Touche (amore). I guess you quite literally can't argue with (or discuss for fear of a ban) that.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

PLEASE USE ALL CAPS IN THIS SECTION AS UPPER AND LOWER CASE IS A TOOL OF THE BOURGEOIS TO JUSTIFY THEIR HIERARCHY. LIBERATE YOUR LETTERS, LIBERATE YOUR MIND!