ELECTION YEAR

Aka the "PC Zone"

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

ELECTION YEAR

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neck_cannon

Re: ELECTION YEAR

Post by neck_cannon »

to be very typical, i'm not voting. i have no large clue who any of these individuals are aside from facebook/google+ diatribes. i'd like to know more about them, yet at the same time i don't. i'd probably vote for obama or somebody else in the left that has no chance of winning, yet that would be pointless.

also, it has always been my understanding that the electoral college's poll trumps the popular vote, so even if we vote or not there will always be a chance that our vote does not count at all whatsoever. what i'm trying to say is that i will complain all i want about most things, no matter what.

Phil

Post by Phil »

Democracy is absurd, it's government by the most manipulatable. Undecided voters are like the ball in pong, if the ball took 4-6 years to go back and forth across the screen. Then there are the people who just vote for people because they have an R or D next to their names. Those people are just the extras standing in the back, and, are realistically, no better.

Also, I live in Vermont, I can't think of a bigger waste of time for me to vote on any national politics because the dude with the D by his name has wrapped it up already.

Romney has spent most of his time lying, but whatever, you can't get that far as a politician without lying. Obama's imperialistic military policies are defeating today's terrorists and making plenty more for the future. Whatever, human existence is only temporary, and no republic has remained as the world's predominant superpower for more than about 300 years, so it's tough to have any real expectations.

People tell me I'm cynical and I tell people I'm pragmatic.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

CitizenOfUlysses

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:I believe in incremental change.
your argument is invalid.

CitizenOfUlysses

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:But I feel like if I don't vote for him, I'm risking getting Romney in power, however small of a risk that may be. And Romney in power would probably be even worse than anybody else considering how much a slimebag that man is.
a vote for obama is a vote against romney and that's all that matters.
i didn't plan on voting at first, and then i realized the stakes.

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

i usually vote for batman(i dont ever know if i should put bruce wayne or not...)

this year i'm going to vote for iron man(they probably already know that iron man is tony stark right? i mean he's like super famous n shit, they just gotta know)

the first time i voted i voted for my mom, she didnt win.
love yourself, no one else will

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

Retracting what i said later and might vote for Obama, especially after watching the RNC last week and the first day of the DNC today. I just don't want that other guy to win. Too fucking scary.

CitizenOfUlysses