Playing your first skramz gig

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ShawnWBG

Playing your first skramz gig

Post by ShawnWBG »

Do you remember playing your first skramz gig ever? What was it like?

My skramz band played our first show ever last night, it was heaps of fun. We played a bit sloppy but it was energetic and the crowd seemed to dig it

klefmop

Re: Playing your first skramz gig

Post by klefmop »

my first gig was at the old static age (Michigan kids will know what I'm referring to) called the high octane lounge now.
was SUPPOSED to be us, my friends band not ok, a few shitty breakdown bands, and a ska band.
no bands except us and not ok showed up. we played to not ok and two other kids.

good show all and all.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

My first screamo show was amazing. It was at 515(?) east 54th street at the time known as Ikee's house. The bill was In Braille(my band), recide(local young punks that rip), half maile foxford(more local homie being weird and artsy) and a touring band called Cerebal Ballsy from New York that were "punk". We played a 3 song set plus a minute and half intro we wrote that day. It was a little over 7 minutes. Still nice to play to all of our friends, our next show after that was the following weekend and i think we only had one more new song we completed but we played with bunch of power violence bands which was cool, also randomly Dark Forces from Denton Texas, an amazing screamo band. I was so stoked that whole week. This was 4 years ago, kinda nuts to think about. I imagine there are some epic 'first show stories' on this board.
love yourself, no one else will

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

First time was playing with raein in Brighton and they embarrassed us pretty bad. In braille are (were?) sick btw.

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

Mine was opening up for Comadre/Trainwreck/Black Kites at ABC No Rio. And then having a member of Neil Perry come up to my band and say that we sounded awesome. How many skramz points do I get for that?

k. rotta

Post by k. rotta »

i threw up after. it sucked. itchy throat, vomit, and trouble breathing. i found out i'm allergic to soy that day. suffix played.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

my first screamo show was the Seeing Means More show October 10 2002 in Walnut Creek, CA with a bunch of random bands. After we played, we drove to 924 gilman to see Ten Grand. (RIP MATT)

Here's a pic from the show

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

Hey Shawn what skramz band are you in and where are you guys located I'm starting up one down here in Melbourne.
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

CharlieBronson wrote:Hey Shawn what skramz band are you in and where are you guys located I'm starting up one down here in Melbourne.
Hey man! we're called Woebegone, we're mostly situated in Brisbane but our main vocalist lives further up north. We have a few old demos on bandcamp, but we're planning on some more polished stuff soon. (these demos aren't that skram though cept for July)
http://woebegone.bandcamp.com/

Let me know if it all comes together! Maybe if our paths cross in the near future we can set up a show or something.