Playing your first skramz gig

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Goatsego

Re: Playing your first skramz gig

Post by Goatsego »

First screamo show was in Murrieta at a venue called the Dial last January. We rode down with Tidemouth and played with Cabin Fire and a few other local bands. I twisted my ankle before the show started and it was so cold that I could barely play guitar. But it was a lot of fun.

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

ShawnWBG wrote:
CharlieBronson wrote:Hey Shawn what skramz band are you in and where are you guys located I'm starting up one down here in Melbourne.
Hey man! we're called Woebegone, we're mostly situated in Brisbane but our main vocalist lives further up north. We have a few old demos on bandcamp, but we're planning on some more polished stuff soon. (these demos aren't that skram though cept for July)
http://woebegone.bandcamp.com/

Let me know if it all comes together! Maybe if our paths cross in the near future we can set up a show or something.
Sick sound dude!! Yeah for sure we setup something once we get it rolling like a split or such. Keen for more bro!
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

vavavampire wrote: In braille are (were?) sick btw.
(were) ah shucks thanks buddy :) we broke up a little over a year ago. We have been meaning to put out some recordings we did awhile ago but I suppose they have still yet to surface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1L7Ysio3D8
theres a link to our last show, its the whole set. can we get a "last shows" thread going?
love yourself, no one else will

ifp

Post by ifp »

The Saddest Mike wrote:Mine was opening up for Comadre/Trainwreck/Black Kites at ABC No Rio. And then having a member of Neil Perry come up to my band and say that we sounded awesome. How many skramz points do I get for that?
Mike, I remember you came up to me after we played and asked to borrow my bass amp. You then volunteered the information to me that you didn't own an amp or a bass and that you didn't really know the songs all that well. I think I smiled and said something like "It's all you, dude".

resuscitaterecords

Post by resuscitaterecords »

I was like 16 and my band was called Never Going Home and the only other band I remember that we played with was A Still Second. Some of you older Austinites might remember them, they were fantastic. I actually loved playing shows with that band....

maloxan

Post by maloxan »

My mom popped me out at a saetia gig.. deal with it. YH, im that young. @yolo
To envision a world without chains but recognize that we,
as individuals, can only chip away at the links.
One at a time, day by day.
To have the ability to wage quiet wars in our everyday lives,
and recognize the subtle victories when they happen....

iTooHaveAHeart

Post by iTooHaveAHeart »

this is fucking intense. nice job! love it!
danfitforbattle wrote:i once mistook calculator for texas instruments and was disappointed when i couldn't recognize any of the songs they played.
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:My mom still opccasionally wears my knock-off Saetia tee when she's gardening.

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

iTooHaveAHeart wrote:
this is fucking intense. nice job! love it!
Thanks a heap man, I'm glad you dig it!

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

ifp wrote:
The Saddest Mike wrote:Mine was opening up for Comadre/Trainwreck/Black Kites at ABC No Rio. And then having a member of Neil Perry come up to my band and say that we sounded awesome. How many skramz points do I get for that?
Mike, I remember you came up to me after we played and asked to borrow my bass amp. You then volunteered the information to me that you didn't own an amp or a bass and that you didn't really know the songs all that well. I think I smiled and said something like "It's all you, dude".
Tom, I'm still forever greatful for that, hahaha. I had picked up a bass for the first time in my life about six weeks prior to that show. I just remember being out of tune for most of the set because I accidentally hit the "key" button on my tuner instead of "power" and I ended up just turning around and facing the 810 shamefully. :D

trent_pee

Post by trent_pee »

One of the first real shows was in Josh's basement. We opened up for Toru okada and architects in July 2006.

They showed up hella early that previous morning, so we got shitfaced all day on shitty beer in a putrid house with shitty air conditioning.

The show was fun as fuck

After playing that show they all got super sick and cancelled the rest of the tour and broke up later.