someone recommend elite emo/alternative

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

relaxiwontpost

someone recommend elite emo/alternative

Post by relaxiwontpost »

rec stuff like the hilewakenageons, the first get up kids album, the juliana theory's side of the dawson high split, and so on.

ONLY ELITE SHIT PERMITTED

NO SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT OR FUCKING BRAND NEW

XdrowningcoreX

Re: someone recommend elite emo/alternative

Post by XdrowningcoreX »

I too am interested. I've always liked the first guk album (and the EP, which is better) so much but there isnt any other indiemo that really felt like it. Tons of suggestions an years later no one quite does it. Either the music is just boring as hell or they mess the vocals up somehow.

Here are some closies maybe:

Into It Over It is cool. Especially Twelve Towns.

The Anniversay's first album is similar in a lot of ways (wow, did they get bad real fast).

When Life Hands You Lemons by Piebald. I like this more than the GUK album but i cant decide is it is super close musically just off hand. I think it is.

Boys Life is really good but they don't have the same aura/feeling even though I feel like the music is all very similar though.

Carlisle is pretty awesome. They were much more skramzies but the later and unreleased stuff is very indieemoesque even though it still has screamin with singing. Ghetto Fabulous, Betty Page and Starvin Marvin are awesome songs. they're like Getups Kids B sides with some dude shrieking/gurgling over it.

Excitebike may be close enough to list here. Maybe like if GUK went much more the direction of The Breathing Method from the 7".Neat band nonetheless.

Um. Everyone Asked About You.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

XdrowningcoreX wrote: The Anniversay's first album is similar in a lot of ways (wow, did they get bad real fast).
The first Anniversary album is probably my favourite emo release of all time but you're so right, their second album is i don't even know. Like not only do I not know what genre to call it, I don't even know how they wrote something so consistently bad. Agreed also on the Carlisle later stuff, so good.

Really interested in this topic, I think I'm pretty elite in terms of skramz knowledge but I have a surprisingly low amount of emo shit on my HDD (like literally 30 albums or so)

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

benton falls, christie front drive, penfold, texas is the reason.

also THE PINE.

anyone who says they like the promise ring needs to get their ears checked though.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra »

Cofun (https://cofun.bandcamp.com/) and Akutagawa.

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music