Bands similar to IWHACIYY?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Hareste

Bands similar to IWHACIYY?

Post by Hareste »

I've been into screamo/skramz/emoviolence/ whatever the fuck it referred to now for probably 2 years, I've pretty much listened to and enjoyed all the "essential" screamo albums and bands but one in particular always stuck with me. iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook's demos and discography LP are probably some of the best screamo EPs and LPs I've heard, aside from the obligatory bands and albums. I just can't seem to find anything else like them, the closest I can seem to find is In Loving Memory (not the shitty metalcore band obviously) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or anything similar to them.

relaxiwontpost

Re: Bands similar to IWHACIYY?

Post by relaxiwontpost »

beau navire, xochtil, ...who calls so loud, funeral diner, ampere, & indian summer

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

мища

this ride home

emergency numbers vocalist sounds just like iwrotehaikus
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

haikus had a really distinct sound, no one really sounds exactly like them (just spun the discography LP this weekend)

but I think similar emotionally would be sinking steps rising eyes EP, spirit of versailles..

Of course Beau Navire and now Elle (https://elleoakland.bandcamp.com/releases).... Trei from Haikus vocals/guitar in both

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

xochtil is REALLY similar